Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best TT Bike - No budget [jimmykuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimmykuy wrote:
Well if you are talking about buying a stock "ready to ride" bike this is the fastest, I think, you can get in a factory spec.
http://www.canyon.com/en/triathlonbikes/bike.html?b=3330
Purely cause no other stock bikes come with a disc wheel.

Good part suggestions except I think Dura-Ace Di2 would be cleaner to route on the superbike frames and could be easier to hide with the aerobars and stems. Also, you don't mention the BMC Timemachine TM01. That bike is very clean when using Di2. See BMC's bikes as examples.

Also, if the OP is in the United States, then the Canyon is not available to him with a warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT Bike - No budget [tciphone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I had infinite money and assuming it fit me,

Cervelo P5-3 with Aduro aerobar
Di2
Magura brakes
Zipp 404 Firestrike Front w/ Tangente Speed 23mm
Zipp Super 9 Rear Tangente Speed 25mm
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT Bike - No budget [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your paying for the name with a Cervelo the quality and research that goes into the frame shape and material does not match up with the price your paying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMC TM01 is up there. Rides amazing and aero enough to be competitive.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT Bike - No budget [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy12 wrote:
Your paying for the name with a Cervelo the quality and research that goes into the frame shape and material does not match up with the price your paying.

In your opinion. The aero tests show it holds up just fine against other bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT Bike - No budget [sidthemuffinrnr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the Canyon Speedmax CF...problem is you can't get it here in the States.
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT Bike - No budget [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:
Rob English.

+1

http://www.englishcycles.com/...kes/time-trial-mk2/#

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Best TT Bike - No budget [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy12 wrote:

This doesn't make any sense what so ever if you ask me. We are all entitled to our opinions but when it comes down to it I think the Cervelo off the shelf bikes are some of the most value for the money in the market. Just price up a 3T Cockpit with Magura RT8 brakes alone and you'll get $1500 of a $8500 bike which comes with Rotor cranks, ISM saddles, HED wheels, Continental Tires, etc. I am curious why you'd think that the bike manufacturer with the most bikes sold isn't leading in price vs performance. They've been a market leader in regards to innovation in carbon layup and aero dynamics for years.

Disclaimer: I don't ride nor would I ever ride a Cervelo because I am married to FELT. I'm also not a fan of things with mass appeal if I can avoid it. That being said I can't take facts and turn them into fiction. They make damn good bikes ...

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my P5 three....... For me, it's one heck of a superbike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tciphone wrote:
What's the best TT bike available right now, price doesn't matter. But it has to be legal for ITU sanctioned non-draft races.

I don't know if it is the "best," and not even sure if it is legal for ITU sanctioned non-draft races (though its fork and its unique frame with a slotted downtube are both UCI approved, as I understand it), but I really like my Merckx ETT:
www.eddymerckx.be/EUR/en/bike/male/ett/ett

You likely won't find wind tunnel data on the bike to compare to Cervelo, Trek, or Specialized TT bikes. You'll also likely never see another one on the road, since I don't think they sold many here in the U.S. (though you can now buy it factory direct from Merckx).

My guess is that the best/fastest bike is the one on which you can get the best fit, assuming the bike is within spittin' distance of other TT bikes in terms of aerodynamics once you choose your wheels, aerobars, etc.

Last edited by: elburrito99: Jan 5, 15 17:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wilier twinblade

Quote Reply
Re: Best TT Bike - No budget [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing is windtunnel tests show a deep rim to be faster than a disc for the speedmax .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The BMC TM01 is really an amazing bike... doubt if any of the newer "super bikes" would hold you back though...

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply

Prev Next