Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Show me an article proving this. I had to read the FINA suit rules this summer. Colour is specifically omitted.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't against the rules, but there was a minor scandal with the colour of the Aussie suits for Commonwealths. The green suit was slightly transparent, and the black modesty panel kinda called attention to the crotchal area. Not the best look...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Wasn't against the rules, but there was a minor scandal with the colour of the Aussie suits for Commonwealths. The green suit was slightly transparent, and the black modesty panel kinda called attention to the crotchal area. Not the best look...

A summer club ref tried to ban some of the kids from my sisters club for white panels on the boys suits... she had me pull the references to show him how small town he is at the next meet.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if I don't like looking at fat people? Should they be banned too?
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was the retouched version meant to make the uniforms appear gold. This is the original.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sometimes wish that knee length women's swim suits were banned...

girl in the first pic is a commonwealth games medallist. the girl in the last 3 pics is an olympic finalist - on her instagram she says "people will stare, make it worth their while"
Last edited by: fulla: Sep 20, 14 22:16
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can remember, go back to the early 70's.
Speedo put out suits with vertical stripes, alternating white with a team color.
Ours were white and green.
Everyone had vertical stripe tan lines. Guys on the butt, girls halfway up the back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And..
Even of you have that black trisuit.. remember that if it is THAT old, the butt crack can still show through (even when dry)

So please.. stop wearing that really old black trisuit
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
Show me an article proving this. I had to read the FINA suit rules this summer. Colour is specifically omitted.
It was a transparency issue not a Color rule
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
To those of you who wear white tri shorts. Please stop. I'm tired of staring at your ass crack on the bike. When you get out of the water, your white shorts become see through. I don't need to be staring at that while I'm racing. Thank you.

Don't come to Austria then. I have been to just about every local and big name Tri in Austria and the white ass crack shorts are big here. It needs to be banned by the EU just to spare our eyes.

I don't have the problem of staring but you can't help but notice. It's a horrible thing.
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [MapleSyrupFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MapleSyrupFast wrote:
mattr wrote:
To those of you who wear white tri shorts. Please stop. I'm tired of staring at your ass crack on the bike. When you get out of the water, your white shorts become see through. I don't need to be staring at that while I'm racing. Thank you.

Don't come to Austria then. I have been to just about every local and big name Tri in Austria and the white ass crack shorts are big here. It needs to be banned by the EU just to spare our eyes.

I don't have the problem of staring but you can't help but notice. It's a horrible thing.

Piefkes.
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
mattr wrote:

If they're hot and female, I'm game. But hot female triathletes are a bit of an oxymoron.

NOT true. I am thinking of one right now (mmmmmmm) and she is hot AND she's even German (ties nicely to this thread), and podiums from time to time in 1/2 and full distance races. More importantly, she is one of the nicest, friendliest, kindest people I have ever met. She does not wear white when racing.

Have you ever followed the "Hottie" thread? It is the most commented thread on ST I think.; There are LOTS of hot female triathletes.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
photo?
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry can't.

My wife doesn't let me keep pictures of hot female triathletes :-(

But if you want pictures of a hottie, who's been a triathlete AND hot, for ages, check out Wendy Ingram (sp?) Given the opportunity, I'd sell my wife into slavery for a night with Wendy! :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you'd sell your wife for this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:

People wearing the white shorts at least should be leading or winning the AG or the race to make it acceptable.
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
micaza75 wrote:
you'd sell your wife for this

It is truly horrible what people will do to themselves. I find that both inspiring/admirable, but also disappointing/scary.

TriDork

Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [Ben_82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben_82 wrote:
mattr wrote:

People wearing the white shorts at least should be leading or winning the AG or the race to make it acceptable.

Jo Lawn won IMNZ I think 7 times (in a row?) and rather infamously, she raced in a white one piece bathing suit a number of times. Jo is a lovely woman but that wasn't her best decision.

TriDork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second that. In today's race I did, some dude was wearing a white suit, and he was covered in dirt. I don't know if it was road dust that stuck to him, staining from the swim (there was a bunch of shrubbery in the course, or if he fell down a hill, but it was nasty looking. Reminded me of another guy I raced behind once who obviously didn't wipe his ass enough before the race, because he had a brown streak over where his ass crack should be. Nasty. Every time I see a dirty white suit, I remember that guy.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know what you mean. When I see bad cable mounting, enormous saddle bags, bento boxes it drives me nuts too, but I resist on creating a thread on it. Anyhow, you probably shouldn't be staring anyway and just go about your race. And check out this thread!

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ke%20biatch;#5256611

p.s. wearing all white makes you focus on your nutrition plan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
Bryan0721 wrote:
mattr wrote:

If they're hot and female, I'm game. But hot female triathletes are a bit of an oxymoron.

NOT true. I am thinking of one right now (mmmmmmm) and she is hot AND she's even German (ties nicely to this thread), and podiums from time to time in 1/2 and full distance races. More importantly, she is one of the nicest, friendliest, kindest people I have ever met. She does not wear white when racing.

Have you ever followed the "Hottie" thread? It is the most commented thread on ST I think.; There are LOTS of hot female triathletes.

So multiple photos of all 5 of them?
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
I sometimes wish that knee length women's swim suits were banned...

girl in the first pic is a commonwealth games medallist. the girl in the last 3 pics is an olympic finalist - on her instagram she says "people will stare, make it worth their while"

Yet one more reason I love going to the pool. A couple of races ago this summer I was behind one of these girls (not actually but it was close) and I think my ride time went down 15 minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: White Tri Shorts Should be Banned [B Bartels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B Bartels wrote:
I know what you mean. When I see bad cable mounting, enormous saddle bags, bento boxes it drives me nuts too, but I resist on creating a thread on it.

From a rider with a bento box and an enormous saddle bag, I thank you for keeping your seething rage to yourself :)

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some ass cracks that merit staring. For those that do not, don't stare.
Quote Reply

Prev Next