Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I guess theres a website now that helps you raise funds for racing [USPro Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USPro Tri wrote:
http://www.monster.com

New way for people to fund all their race trips!

Isn't that, I don't know, maybe a little ironic considering your sig?
Quote Reply
Re: I guess theres a website now that helps you raise funds for racing [AaronT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really, I work for a living. Thus never needing to beg for hand outs. It's a route I would suggest most people go (and yes most "pro" triathletes too)!
Quote Reply
Re: I guess theres a website now that helps you raise funds for racing [afbadbrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afbadbrad wrote:
However..............When I searched model & actor there were in fact jobs out there ;)

I see what you did there :-)
Quote Reply
Re: I guess theres a website now that helps you raise funds for racing [TriDadInAvl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDadInAvl wrote:
One of them is pure and simply asking people to pay for your races while a for profit company takes a cut. In the other, a charity receives several thousand dollars as a result of your funding ... In exchange for raising that money, yes I was able to race for free.

One of them is at least honest and direct about asking for money to fund your hobby. The other is a vehicle to guilt your friends, family, coworkers into giving money to a 'cause', while you are getting money to pursue your hobby.

If I want to give money to charity, I'm going to give it directly to charity, and not have a percentage diverted to someone's hobby expenses.
Quote Reply

Prev Next