Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You won't believe what I did 6 weeks before the IM World Championships! [Tri-crazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two types of people who have roof racks:

Those who have driven their bike into something and those who will.

It's almost inevitable. I'm in the car or behind the car for hat reason.
Quote Reply
Re: You won't believe what I did 6 weeks before the IM World Championships! [Tri-crazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-crazy wrote:
After meeting a friend for a long ride I met my wife to pick up groceries for the week. Going back to the apartment my main concern was grabbing a grocery cart (that are provided to us in order to transport stuff to and from our apartments) which was in the garage below the apartment complex. I totally forgot I had my Cervelo P2 on my yakima high roller roof rack and drove straight into the garage which is a concrete wall! Ripping my roof rack completely off, shattering my rear window of my car and folding both wheels of my bike in half. I know soooooo STUPID! Believe me I have been kicking myself!! I brought my bike to a local bike shop where they said the carbon fibers had been broken in the steering tube, which makes the bike un-rideable.

Does anyone have advice about whether or not the bike, or bike rack would be covered under insurance? I also have renters insurance for the apartment I am staying.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!

Pink font optional....I think you did this to get a new bike and a new car!!!
Quote Reply
Re: You won't believe what I did 6 weeks before the IM World Championships! [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
IREPathletics wrote:
Pictures or it didn't happen!!! :)

Where are the pics?

Pics???? :)

Rent or maybe insurance will cover it anyways so get a new bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know if you have something stolen from inside your car your home owner's insurance pays. I would think that the bike would be covered under home owner's also. Can't hurt to try.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: You won't believe what I did 6 weeks before the IM World Championships! [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crunch goes the carbon and other fun games.

Velosurance - bicycle insurance
Quote Reply
Re: You won't believe what I did 6 weeks before the IM World Championships! [Ironwimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave here, I am one of the founders of Velosurance and I held back while this thread unfolded (I too would like to see the pics). The most common suggestion is that the bike "might" be covered "somehow" by a home or auto policy. In most instances it isn't, and why live with that uncertainty. Velosurance exists because of the poor job home and renters insurance does on bike claims. After 15 years of general insurance (and many unhappy cycling clients) we founded Velosurance to fix that problem. Our policy covers the bicycle for any type of accident (including theft), at any time, any where in the US and Canada (world wide if requested). If my post comes off as a shameless self promotion please call my direct line @ 954-773-9099 so I can apologize to you personally.

---
Velosurance - Because Accidents Happen. Get your 5 second quote here

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on Kona but I can think a ton of ways for a better "backdoor brag".

I hope you crush it! (too soon?)
Quote Reply

Prev Next