Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Props to BIGZACH! Ruble Triathlon Coaching
Quote | Reply
This is an open forum right?
Free to say whatever you want right? Well it's time to take the time to give credit where credit is due.

Zach Ruble (Ruble Triathon Coaching). ZachRuble.com

I can't say enough. I've been coached by Zach for 4 years now.
I've been in triathlon for 9 years. My first Ironman was IM MOO in 2006. My time was 13:09:40. I managed to wittle down my PR at Ironman to the 11:30 range by 2009. My goal was always to qualify for Kona at some point but finally came to the realization that I needed to coach up to take the next step towards KQ.

In 2010, My first year under Zach's coaching I PR'd by over 45 min at Ironman Louisville with a 10:45.

In 2011 at IM Louisville I PR'd by over 50 min again going sub 10 at 9:52:30. It was a cooler year at LV so I missed KQ by 2 spots.

Then in 2012 after a 10:11 IM Texas in May I went 10:02 in hot IM Louisville conditions to finish 31st overall in a time of 10:02. Placing 5th in my AG an finally a KQ.
I also qualified and raced the 70.3 WC race that year as well.

The most interesting part is that after that year, I took a much needed break from training and racing in 2013. So from Oct 2012 to November 2013 I did basically nothing in training. I gained 18-20# and became very out of shape.

I decided to attempt a comeback in 2014 with the thoughts of a KQ again. In November 2013 I joined Zach again and worked towards that goal.

Last weekend at IM Louisville I went 10:05. This was good enough for a 7 place AG finish and with a little roll down luck I got a KQ! Thanks to the 2 guys in my AG that passed.

My point with this post is not to toot my horn, but to describe the results that Zach can produce if willing to put in the work. I'm sure that some might view this post as bragging. Well, it is.....for Zach.

I am not the only athlete that Zach has coached to Kona Qualifying. There are several others. And several more that he's coached to the 70.3 WC also.

Zach is not a cookie cutter coach. He's not a 1 plan fits all coach. He's a personal 1:1 coach that works with every level of athlete. From the novice to elite.

His value reaches far past the latest technology in bike frames and components and is much more valuable then a new aero helmet or set of race wheels. Again, if you're willing to be coached, and willing to do the work, Zach delivers results.

Zach has no idea I'm posting this but credit should be given for quality in every aspect of racing and training. ...coaching included.

Thanks Zach.

That is all.

Mark M
Quote Reply
Re: Props to BIGZACH! Ruble Triathlon Coaching [MarkM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the KQx2 and good on you for pimping Zach. He is a great dude all the way around.

Swimmer
http://www.usprotri.com/LAMASTRA.html
http://www.bodyphyxinternational.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great!! Congrats on KQ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sure hope Zach is mailing you a trucker hat as we speak!

Congrats on the KQ, and big ups to BIG ZACH's coaching career*.

* as long as he doesn't start shilling bogus crap like his name rhymes with Jen Beanfield.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Props to BIGZACH! Ruble Triathlon Coaching [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. If there was said trucker hat, I'd have one of each color.

Mark M
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zach is awesome!

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So happy for Big Zack, me and him have pass months living together...i have teach him all the secret of this sport, this is one of our meeting where we discuss all the elements of a great coach

i sure miss him....great guy! passionate about the sport and very knowledgable!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Props to BIGZACH! Ruble Triathlon Coaching [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right Jonnyo. Zachs recovery and post race nutrition plan is one I've come to enjoy!! Whatever......whenever. Lol
My fav is crispy creams and red bull!!

Mark M
Last edited by: MarkM: Sep 1, 14 18:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, my favorite was post race at Poconos 70.3..... Zach sitting alone in a pizza shop near the finish line, downing a full pizza and a bottle of Pepto Bismol !
Last edited by: USPro Tri: Sep 1, 14 20:16
Quote Reply
Re: Props to BIGZACH! Ruble Triathlon Coaching [USPro Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USPro Tri wrote:
Ha, my favorite was post race at Poconos 70.3..... Zach sitting alone in a pizza shop near the finish line, downing a full pizza and a bottle of Pepto Bismol !

I think only one person likes frozen pizza as much as this guy and that would be Zach.

Mark M
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Ruble the one that crashed in Panama last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Met Zach's dad and uncle when I was in Fort Wayne in the spring. Good people for sure!
Quote Reply
Re: Props to BIGZACH! Ruble Triathlon Coaching [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, although I think he crashed in Puerto Rico. Now a dad and fitter than ever...to be a dad.

Swimmer
http://www.usprotri.com/LAMASTRA.html
http://www.bodyphyxinternational.com
Quote Reply
Re: Props to BIGZACH! Ruble Triathlon Coaching [jimswim99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you're right. San Juan 70.3.
And yes a proud papa now.

Mark M
Quote Reply