Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
for my fit clients, I advise either Cobb with a functional pedal power meter or Rotor

TriathlonJoe wrote:
Bumping this thread in 2018. Anyone got any new recommendations for a PM that'll work with a 155 crank? I'm currently using a C1 chainring, but the thing has been unreliable this year and it may be time to go in a different direction.

Power2Max works great on Rotor 3D+ cranks. For anyone not on a Trek BB90 bike, that is.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
the C1 stopped working a few weeks back.

Curious... did it get wet? Also they have a 2 year warranty if you haven't had it that long.

Powertap hub and you can do what you want with the crank.
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe,

You've got some good options here and I think there's a general way to perceive it...
1) If you want the meter built in (OEM) to the crank it's probably the InfoCrank from Verve. There's no other short crank with the meter built in and ready to go that I can think of.
2) Buy the crank length you want and go with a pedal - now you've 3 options: PowerTap, Garmin Vector, and the new SRM/Look pedal
3) Buy the crank length you want, send one arm or both to 4iiii to have them install a meter to it
4) Buy the crank length you want and acquire the Watteam G3 Powerbeat "kit" and install yourself

There are pros and cons to all options. Off the top of my head: InfoCrank super durable, no non-sense, a bit pricey at ~$1100 to 1400. SRM/Look pedal true dual output, sexy, saw them at Interbike may not be available yet ~$1600. Garmin Vector 3S single sided $600 - dual at $1000. Powetap pedal $400 single, $800 dual. 4iiii at $400 for single and $750 dual. Watteam single at $260, dual at $400 - install yourself..and you can jump between bikes as easy at popping a cap on and off a sharpie marker.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I'm agnostic on pedal power meters... There's Powertap, but I'm not sure if they're still supporting the pedals,

???

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro and con it for me, Monty, Infocrank vs Rotor3d. Building new roadie, specs due end of the week. Team discount on Info, I believe ... I know a guy. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
You've got some good options here and I think there's a general way to perceive it...
1) If you want the meter built in (OEM) to the crank it's probably the InfoCrank from Verve. There's no other short crank with the meter built in and ready to go that I can think of.
2) Buy the crank length you want and go with a pedal - now you've 3 options: PowerTap, Garmin Vector, and the new SRM/Look pedal
3) Buy the crank length you want, send one arm or both to 4iiii to have them install a meter to it
4) Buy the crank length you want and acquire the Watteam G3 Powerbeat "kit" and install yourself

5) Buy the power meter you want and have the crank cut down to 155 mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
There's Powertap, but I'm not sure if they're still supporting the pedals

What do you mean by this? They just sent me new battery caps last month...
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [blayze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK my mistake

blayze wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
There's Powertap, but I'm not sure if they're still supporting the pedals

What do you mean by this? They just sent me new battery caps last month...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m on Rotor 3D24 in 155 with NG ECO, and I love it. Not a single BB standard it won’t work with if I recall, and it just works. Every time.
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 155mm rotor Powermeter. The crank and arms (aluminum) are fine, but it’s only left sided. Idefiniteky downgradedfrom Dura Ace rings and Quarq Carbon arms. You cannot get the dual sided 2D Rotor unless your crank length is 165mm or greater. Stupid, stupid, stupid! The battery is easy to change in the Rotor,, but overall the accuracy is much less than my old Quarq.

My question is- why can’t manufacturers make some good dual-sided options at 155mm? Especially ones with Carbon arms?

Second question- Could I buy the verve InfoCrank and use Duraace or Rotor chainrings on it?
Quote Reply

Prev Next