Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2 25mm tire
Quote | Reply
I bought my Cervelo P2 April of 2012. Recently I have tried to put a 25mm tries on the stock wheel that came on the bike. Originally had a 23mm tire. I had to back out the drop out screws some in order to keep the tire from rubbing on the frame cutout. But the brake pads do not align properly on the wheel. Part on the wheel and part on the tire. There is no more down side adjustment to the pad to get it down on the wheel. Does anyone know if Cervelo P2 will support any tire size other than a 23mm?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 25mm tire [dmm3rd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 25mm tire [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks for the suggestion. I ended up putting the 23mm back on until I can figure out the issue. Probably take in LBS and have a discussion about it. After all this mess around I noticed one of the back brake pads is worn funny. Like it had been riding up on the rim a little. Must have been like that since I got the bike and I never noticed it. So may be an issue with brake calipers. IDK.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 25mm tire [dmm3rd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dmm3rd,

The P2 you have was designed for 23C tires max. (In those days 21C was a race tire, and for the "A" races on good roads, the best riders used 19s.)

Some 25C tires can fit, but as you've found, not all are ideal.

If it's close, filing the brake caliper slots another millimeter or two can help the shoes reach the rim. Some folks saw off the top edge of the rubber brake pad to avoid hitting the tire.

Going back to a 23C tire is also a good solution. :-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 25mm tire [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Thank You Damon. That was exactly the information I was looking for. The 23mm certainly does run better on the bike. The whole thing just feels more solid with the 23mm. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 25mm tire [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

Resurrected this thread to see if how much clearance gains there are on 2013 and 14 P2 rear stays? Good for a 25C on wide rim (HEDplus) now?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 25mm tire [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that the new frames will fit the 25mm tire
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 25mm tire [albush1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, 25s fit. I currently have them on my P2 with my Hed Ardennes + wheels I use for training.
Quote Reply