Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Slowdude73
Re: HELP, please with an Argon E114 fork, HELP [NJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it can't be repaired.

Try Argon to see if they have any available as spares. That bike / fork is no longer made any more, so it's only a possibility. You do need to take care when shipping forks, and that means placing a fork spacer / old hub in there is the way to prevent damage.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP, please with an Argon E114 fork, HELP [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
called them, they asked to call their dealers. none of their dealers have any in stock.
how much more sucky can my luck get, I can't believe that.

slowdude73
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does anyone know if I can replace this with any other fork or am I dead in the water?

slowdude73
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm sure that there is some fork out there hat you could use in lieu of the 114 fork.

there are a lot of people on this site that have a lot of knowledge on this sort of stuff. let's keep bumping this thread to the top and maybe one of the bike-smart guys (or gals) can help.

good luck!

Quote | Reply
If Argon 18 can't procure a fork, I'd start thinking about just finding an aero fork that fits.

Looking at the 2011 tech sheet shows a standard 1 1/8" headset. My recommendation would be to try sticking a standard 1 1/8" fork in there and see if it fits. Ideally, you'll get a crown race on it and some bearings too.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP, please with an Argon E114 fork, HELP [jkcoop3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Problem is that the E114 has the integrated bars/headset/forks. However, as it's pretty much the same frame as the E112 then if you also swap bars then you should be OK, but you'll lose the nose cone. You wouldn't be able to use the integrated bars on another fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure it this will help or not. Butt seeing as you don't have many other options, try reading this thread and contact Calfee

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...on%20repair;#3431402
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a couple of minor technical queries/issues with my 2010 e114 - these were answered promptly on the official Argon18 Facebook page by one of their guys - might be worth a post ont their wall asking for advice.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Slowdude73 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you bought this frame via paypal, you still have some options. You don't need to keep the bike if the seller misrepresented what you were getting. If it was damaged in shipping, then responsibility falls on two possible parties: the shipping company or the shipper who packed it (i.e., the seller), not the buyer (you). Paypal will likely back you up if you decide to return the frame.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did think I may be able to help you out, but then I remembered that 1) it was an E112 and 2) it was the fork he killed.

$500 for a new fork from Argon would be the way forward IMHO. But that assumes they have some, and as they are now obsolete then I'd not delay too long....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact Rob Wolf at Sinclair Imports, 1-800-654-8052. They are the U.S. distributor for Argon 18. They have helped me in the past with parts for my 114. They may have something hanging around. Rob is on Slowtwitch.

gene@fulltiltfitting.com
http://www.fulltiltfitting.com

http://www.fulltiltfitting.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what did you do . Did you get a new fork. Looking at the unit with out the patented head unit you can use any fork and use a stem for aero bar set unit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was your shipment insured? If so, why don't you claim it....just a thought, and GL with your search!!

Did you get it fixed
Quote Reply
Re: HELP, please with an Argon E114 fork, HELP [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit late :-)
I have an uncut fork for Argon 18 E114 2011.

It has never been used and it is located in Sweden.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP, please with an Argon E114 fork, HELP [Akerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, is the fork still available. I bought an e114 with a cut fork, perfect for short stuff, but I'm going long this year and could do with an extra 20mm. Paul
Quote Reply