Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

garmin edge & power
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the edge is open source and if it is, does anyone know if an upgrade has been written by anyone to calc normalized power?

I am considering a quarq pm and wondering if I should wait for the qranium to come out which does feature the above.

Of course an edge with p norm and its gps and existing features would be the sweetest option...

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Re: garmin edge & power [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the SRM DA Pro Wireless/Edge 705 set-up since June and love it! I just downloaded the most recent update for the 705 and no P norm yet. I hope Garmin spits out an update that includes VI before they do P norm, if either are even possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know much about normalized power (don't see the need in triathlon) but I will tell you after buying two quarqs (my bike and my wife's bike) you will not be disappointed. Plus swapping from bike to bike takes only the time to actually switch cranks and move your Garmin, nothing else to set-up. Not as easy as a power-tap, but the increased wheel flexibility is worth it to me.
--Brynn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Edge 705 does show normalized power; The "average" they show does not include any time not pedaling.

As someone else mentioned; kudos to the folks at Quarq, by the way. I've got two and love 'em. The 705 is okay; not worth the $ over the 305 unless you're using power (my opinion.)

I do wish the 705 would give some sort of a rolling (no pun intended) average of power, however. I'm planning on getting a Qranium just to be able to get things like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Edge is by no means open source but that doesn't mean that it couldn't be hacked. With that being said I highly doubt there is a well-established base of hackers/cyclists out there to do this.
Quote Reply