Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
friggin' hunters
Quote | Reply
Oh Joy. It's deer huntin' season for the next two weeks up here in rural Ontario. Just got back from a run with my black lab on the nature trails. Heard a rifle shot that sounded very nearby. Way too close for comfort. The conservation park is off limits to hunters but there's aways some moron who either isn't aware or choses to ignore the law.

I absolutely hate this time of the year.
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scary shit. Wear a lot of orange. Or don't run there, but you decide what's best for you.

Fuckin' poachers.

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't wear brown with white tail and you should be ok.

Quote | Reply
I hear ya cerveloguy. My wife and I live out in the country near Kingston and we've been woken up the last three weekends by duck hunters at the end of our property. And they call themselves sportsmen?
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also don't look like a cow, horse, or brother-in-law. I'm always amazed at the number of those shot during deer season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is hunting going on next to a nature trail? That doesn't seem like a hunting zone.

Quote | Reply
"friggin' hunters" ?

let's be fair now. just like anything else....the majority are law abiding and doing their thing legally. there's always however gonna be a couple in the crowd. how many "illegal" threads do we have up and active here right now?

we've got hundreds of thousands of acres, if not more, in Michigan open to hunting and multiple recreational uses simultaneously. 'tis the season to leave the floppy white stocking caps at home. pick your territory wisely.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [CanIronClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not all that far away from you. I used to live in Bancroft/Haliburton areas. It was even worse up there.

I know the majority of hunters are responsible but it only takes a few bad apples. It's never been my thing so this time of the year isn't my favorite.

When I lived in Bancroft/Haliburton area anywhere from 2-6 hunters would die every season. They'd either have a heart attack, get lost in the woods and die of over exposure or get shot accidently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the guy is hunting in an off-limits area, report him.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [Jim Mishler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Michigan!

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, Bancroft at this time of year is not where I want to be! Esp. since my cottage is currently filled with hunters. Oy.

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot back ya puss! Geez... frickin' peaceniks

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't resist posting this link. Song number 8 and be sure to click on the notes for the tune. If you don't know him, Tom Lehrer is THE funniest satirist of the 20th century.

http://www.casualhacker.net/tom.lehrer/revisited.html#hunting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canadians with guns! what did you expect?

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
everything right with the world with righteously obtained sustenance brought down the the finely honed skills of the hungry owner of the Whackmaster.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [GJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's actually not the local yocals that are the problem. They grew up with hunting all their lives and know how/where to hunt even though I find it a bit disgusting that some of them keep their hounds on a rope in the backyard all year long and let them run for two weeks of deer season. It's the city folk coming into the area to hunt that cause most of the problems.
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Motor City Madman!

Quote | Reply
MTB Rule #26 - if you live in hunting area, do not wear a white helmet, lest you fool some drunk marksman into thinking you are Bambi's ass floating through the flora.

Around here its just bow hunting. Its a silent death other than the "ppphhhew" whooshing sound of bear-sized arrowheads piercing the air.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paint "DOG" on your dog.

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are analogous statements that can be made by people in automobiles in regards to cyclists.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [Jay Rideout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And if the onserved hunter is Southeast Asian, don't make him mad.

Quote | Reply
We take off our aerobars in November during hunting season, they're too close in resemblance to antlers.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [jackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are analogous statements that can be made by people in automobiles in regards to cyclists.

Not unless the cylists are riding on a road off-limits to cycling. In which case, they should be reported.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must be pretty damn fast to be confused for a deer! Seriously deer populations in most states (not sure about Ontario) are out of control because predator species have been wiped out. We probably need more deer hunting or some other measures to keep the populations under control or deer will suffer starvation and disease. I'm sure the PETA folks will flame me for this but it is pretty simple ecology.
Quote Reply
Re: friggin' hunters [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We probably need more deer hunting

Maybe, but not in areas off-limits to hunting. No excuse for that.

Quote Reply

Prev Next