Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

disc cover/rear derailleur rub
Quote | Reply
I just installed my new disc cover (maybe I'll try to post a photo later today) and I'm having a bit of rear derailleur rub in my largest cog. I adjusted the limit screw, but in order to get it away from the disc cover the chain keeps on coming on and off of the cog. Any suggestions? Should I try to put the cover on again and see if it's any more snug? I'm also getting a little rubbing when I coast, but I'm not too worried about that since I shouldn't really be coasting during a flat 20k leg of a triathlon on Sunday. The disc cover is from wheelbuilder.com, so I'm assuming it's in good shape since from what people have posted on this forum seems, they do a good job on thier disc covers.

Adam
Quote Reply
Re: disc cover/rear derailleur rub [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had this happen with my CH Aero cover. It is not much of a problem for me as I don't use the cover for hilly races so I don't use the largest cog anyway. I have taped the cover down to the spokes on the drive side. Nothing beats fixing your bike with duct tape. This helps for a while until the tape pulls loose.
Quote Reply
Re: disc cover/rear derailleur rub [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Adam,

I had this happen when I was installing on Alicia's bike for a race this past weekend. Had everything solid, I thought, until she went for a test ride the evening before the race. Lots of rub when ridden but no rub when on the repair stand.

The eventual fix was to progressively tighten the screws until they will tighten no more. When doing this always check that the cover remains centered. The end result, no deraileur rub on race day and the design we painted on the cover stayed intact.

-gary

Last edited by: gc: Apr 11, 06 13:02
Quote Reply