Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

crash at super league between team mates
Quote | Reply
surprised havent seen this posted here. Anyone know the story. Saw the comments saying this was an 'accident', I dont believe it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cw_zJjeudPW
Quote Reply
Re: crash at super league between team mates [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We talked it over in the itu thread, this was a month ago or so. Basically the teammates got a bit out of control and when the barriers tightened, that's when she crashed hard.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
surprised havent seen this posted here. Anyone know the story. Saw the comments saying this was an 'accident', I dont believe it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cw_zJjeudPW

You don’t believe it was an accident? What do you believe it was then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks exactly like someone who made contact by mistake, leading to them getting pushed off balance. Trying to correct leads to them looking like they're leaning into the other rider. Sucks, but almost certainly an accident
Quote Reply
Re: crash at super league between team mates [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
We talked it over in the itu thread, this was a month ago or so. Basically the teammates got a bit out of control and when the barriers tightened, that's when she crashed hard.

Who were the two girls involved and from which team??? That crash looked pretty painful; is that girl back racing yet???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: crash at super league between team mates [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahh ok watching the replay so many times it does look like an accident. I cant pause IG stories so need quick eyes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
ahh ok watching the replay so many times it does look like an accident. I cant pause IG stories so need quick eyes

I remember watching this live on TV. The IG story and the videos that I can see of it online are all from the same angle and don't do the actual situation justice. From memory watching it in real time and the replays the road actually narrowed quite significantly right at the point of the crash. The other rider did come across but there was clearly no intention to drive her teammate into the wall, she was coming hard up the inside and it just both closed down and the flick of the other ride (who was at least half a bike length in front of her) left her with nowhere to go.
Quote Reply