Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

computer troubleshooting - help!
Quote | Reply
hi all,
i'm new to this forum and to this sport, coming from a running background ... so all the little mechanical aspects of cycling still freak me out. However, I'm trying to be a little more proactive in learning how my bike works... and this forum doesn't seem at all short on bike knowledge, so here's my question.

I bought a super cheap computer (ciclosport 208 - I'm poor, whatever) and I just tried it out for the first time. It reads distance seemingly accurately, but it seems to be reading the speed kind of messed up; it seems to give a delayed readout of what speed I'm going. I don't know if it's the nature of a cheap computer to behave like this or if I've somehow assembled it wrong. In any case, any wisdom that you bike geniuses could bestow upon me would be greatly appreciated.

I also have another REALLY offensively stupid newbie question that I'm almost embarrassed to ask. It is this: what is the correct way to reattach a front wheel so that it is consistently in the middle and not akilter and bumping up against one of the break pads? ... I've just been doing it kind of hit or miss since I've been afraid to ask anyone. Is there an artful method to doing this or does it just take experience to get it right?

trying to learn,
lisa michele
Quote Reply
Re: computer troubleshooting - help! [lisa michele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question 2: The wheel should be in the correct position when snugged up in the fork. If you spin it, it should not wobble. I am guessing that your brake calipers are not aligned--perhaps you can adjust these and tighten the fixing bolt.

Question 1: Probably can't help here, but I think there is always going to be a lag. How long is it?
Quote Reply
Re: computer troubleshooting - help! [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lag is longer than I'd expect. Maybe 10-15 seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: computer troubleshooting - help! [lisa michele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check the manual to see the recommended distance between the sensor on the fork and the magnet on the wheel - and make sure you are well inside the recommendation - had polars in the past where I was a good couple mm in side the supposed limit and had problems
Quote Reply