Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cervelo wheels, tires and seat
Quote | Reply
I am going to purchase a cervelo p2k. I am trading in a bike with spinergy rex x wheels (about 4 yrs old), with continental tires and specialized seat (newer and very confortable). Should I transfer the wheels, tires and seat? What does everyone think about the stock seat? I love the spinergy wheels and use them for training and racing. How about the tires?
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo wheels, tires and seat [davidevelev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stock wheels are fast. IMO, i would keep these on, however, i don't know much about the spinergy's. The tires I got with mine suck. I assume they would be the same, but i got kenda koncepts. I don't think the could have been worth more than $10. The seat works for me, although, I am used to riding a very hard seat, and I'm not much for a think gel pad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep the wheels, even keep the stock wheels on the Cervelo. Get a pair of cheap wheels to sell on your old bike. Train on the stock Cervelo wheels and keep the Spinergys for racing. The seat is one of those contact points that is very personal. It is well-advised to keep the saddle that you like.

I have been riding a Selle San Marco Rolls for umpteen years. I have that on my road bike. I use a Selle Italia Flite Evolution on my TT bike (with an old QR saddle cover) that is darned near ancient. I have repaied it once, but I love that thing. It is best to keep what you like as your contact points (including making sure you have the bar wrap you like on that new steed).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tires are horrible. My came apart at a seam where the bead is formed. The tire lasted 2 miles max. Kenda promised to send me a new tire 5 weeks ago and now won't even return my calls.
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo wheels, tires and seat [P2kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can say the same about my Cervelo One who has very similar components. The wheels are good but the tires not. They wear fast and I had to replace them soon. I switched to Michelin Race Pro.
I rode for a short time with the stock Selle Italia XO. The I bought a Seelle San Marco Azoto saddle that I like really.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply