Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cali 70.3 expo
Quote | Reply
first HIM, so I dont know the procedure, do you personally have to be present or can someone pick your packet up for you?
Quote Reply
Re: cali 70.3 expo [bcg7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to go yourself, show ID, sign stuff, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: cali 70.3 expo [Norm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is the packet pick up? I cannot find any information about the exact location. Last year I arrived so late I was exhaust and do not remember. Address, cross streets, something would be helpful. I hate to drive around looking for it at 8pm.

Jay

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: cali 70.3 expo [Styk33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Ironman 70.3 California packet pick up and expo will take place at the Oceanside Pier this year - not in the parking lot next to Marina and race site!!

This is from the web site --

Please Note: There is NO race day registration / packet pickup! You MUST check in and pickup your race packet on either Thursday or Friday or you will not be eligible to compete.
TENATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Ford Ironman 70.3 California Oceanside
March 29th to 31st, 2007
Thursday March 29th, 2007
  • 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. -Registration opens at the Oceanside Beach Community Center.
  • 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. – Ford Ironman Village open at the Oceanside Pier area, Band Shell.
  • 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Merchandise Store open at the Oceanside Pier area, Band Shell.
  • Noon- 8:00 p.m. -Info both open–below the Oceanside Pier.

Friday March 30th, 2007
  • 10:00am - 7:00pm – Ford Ironman Village open at the Oceanside Pier area, Band Shell.
  • 8:00am – 8:00pm – Merchandise Store Open at the Oceanside Pier area, Band Shell.
  • Noon - 8:00 p.m. - Registration opens at the Oceanside Beach Community Center.
  • 3-4 p.m. -Training seminar / Q and A with Pros Ford Ironman Village.
  • Noon - 8:00 p.m. - Info both open–below the Oceanside Pier.

Saturday, March 31st, 2007
Race Day!!!
  • 5:00-9:00 a.m. - Shuttle Bus Service for spectators Starts from Oceanside Pier parking lots.
  • 4:45 a.m. - Transition Opens for Bike/gear check in and body marking.
  • 6:40 a.m. - Race Starts (See Wave Chart at registration for specific age group start times)
  • 8:00am – 4:00pm – Merchandise and Nytro Store Open at the corner of Harbor Dr. South and Pacific St. North.
  • 11:00a.m. - 4 p.m. - Post Race Athlete Food, Oceanside Harbor Transition Area
  • 1:00pm-4p.m.- Ford Ironman World Championships and Ford Ironman 70.3 World Championships registration for those qualified- Athlete Food tent.
  • 4:00 p.m. - Awards - begins (pending final finisher)
  • 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Shuttle bus for spectators/athletes back to Oceanside Pier
  • 4:30 p.m. –Roll Down begins as soon as awards end – BE EARLY!

Quote Reply
Re: cali 70.3 expo [Styk33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Tom said, the expo is at the pier this year (google "Oceanside Pier), but following is a map for ya:

http://maps.google.com/...988&t=h&om=1

See you there. Drive safe. Race fast.
Quote Reply
Re: cali 70.3 expo [Norm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic. I was on the right track. This is what I get for not racing in 6 months.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: cali 70.3 expo [bcg7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]first HIM, so I dont know the procedure, do you personally have to be present or can someone pick your packet up for you?[/reply]

The entire athlete's guide is on the website. All the information and rules right there. Dont' forget your photo ID.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply