Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

buying zipps.....
Quote | Reply
hey guys, i just got some cash from a good real estate transaction, and am looking to purchase some deep aero wheels { most likely zipps} that i am going to share with my friend. We do mostly tri`s and time trials with maybe a couple road races in there. Anyone have a suggestion on which zipp model? or other brand? thanks in advance..

stay aero
Quote Reply
Re: buying zipps..... [aerojunkie2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
606 has been the most popular according to Zipp (that is 404 front, 808 rear).

404 is sort of the standard for "overall," but the 808 is faster straightline.

999 is the fastest overall (808 fr/Disc rr).

I don't think you can really go wrong with any. I am not sure that discs are allowed for road racing, and even if they were, not sure you would want one, so that is something to think about...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 404's on front and back....good all around wheel choice I think for many different types of terrain races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you'll be doing any road racing, get the 404's. If only time trials and tri's, 999's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much do you weigh? How about your friend?

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: buying zipps..... [Chris Wiggins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i weigh `round 125lbs my friend: 145lbs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 404 would be the best all around set. The 606 (808 rear/404 front) is more aero, but you may have some x wind issues with the rear at your respective weights.

Either way, you are going to end up with an fantastic set of wheels.
Enjoy!

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: buying zipps..... [Chris Wiggins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you decide on 404's, I have a brand new set that I've been considering putting up on ebay (or if someone wants to trade a PowerTap SL wheelset I am interested). If you live in the L.A. area, you can come check them out. They're tubular 2005's with Dura Ace cassette. Bike shop mounted the tires but they haven't been used, even for a training ride. PM me if interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i ride the 404s. at 140 lbs i have trouble with the 606s in the wind, and i'm reasonably good at handling a bike.

that said, i would buy a pair of hed alps and save the extra $g.
Quote Reply