Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

buenos aires, argentina tri/running
Quote | Reply
I am going to buenos aires tonight (glorified baggage handler for my wife) and have lots of time to run around the city since she'll be busy working.

Any recommendations on running paths/5k or 10ksraces in next 2 weeks?/ bike stores/tri shops to check out?

yes i'm going to a futbol game, no I won't post if its river or boca since that might prevent me from getting answers to my questions above...

thanks.

//semi retired - old school = http://www.iwilltri.com //
Quote Reply
Re: buenos aires, argentina tri/running [hectorguatemala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
                     It all depends where you are staying.There are all kinds of cool places to go running near the city center.When you get to your hotel grab a map and look for where you are in relation to the river front area of San Telmo.If you are downtown you aren't very far away from there and if you head down toward the river you will find a huge waterfront promenade which is packed with runners and cyclists on the weekend.There is also a big nature reserve complete with a network of running trails and parklands.Your map should have all the parklands shaded green.For your orientation you just need to find the big Obelisque in the middle of Avenida 9 de Julio which is the really busy main road through downtown BA.The shopping area is right there and there is a long network of pedestrian malls starting at the Obelisque down toward the river along Corrientes and then turning to Florida St(shoppers Mecca and cafe central).There is a cool bike store on one of the streets in between Florida and Av9 de Julio on the right as you walk back toward the Obelisque I think it's on Esmarelda but can't remember.Lots of cool jerseys really cheap.If you are staying closer to Palermo then there are so many parks and gardens you could run yourself silly.The zoo,the botanical gardens and many other cool parks are all connected by lagoons and running paths.It's huge.Palermo is also a great area to go hang out in cool cafes and restaurants.Remember to have lots of small denominations of Argie pesos with you.They do not like changing big notes there and they take their siesta's seriously and lot's of places close in the middle of the day.Sounds like you will be landing on Sunday.Do not mistake the nice quiet Sunday streets to be the norm in BA come Monday morning it is chaos!

Have fun.BA is just awesome!!

Nick
Here is my journal of my bike trip there
www.nicksepicride.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Mar 23, 07 8:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is Hinds57... bumping for his benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: buenos aires, argentina tri/running [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey thanks, im staying right by plaza san martin off of 25 de mayo so i think I'll be able to figure out the directions u gave me.

//semi retired - old school = http://www.iwilltri.com //
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BA is a busy busy place on weekdays, but there are great places to run. I was there at the end of last year, stayed a block off of Florida Ave. One day we took a cab to La Boca (I second the need for small bills, the cabbies WILL try to screw you if all you have is big bills) and walked back, taking a detour to go through Reserva Ecologica Castenera Sur. The trails are nice crushed rock and there aren't too many people. You are still close to the city and unfortunately the place is so polluted you will feel like you are sucking on an exhaust pipe the whole time. Enjoy the steaks, dining there is truly amazing. We went out a few times and had appetizers, bottle of wine, two sides, deserts, and coffee, and the bills were around $40 US.
Quote Reply