Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike special needs bag
Quote | Reply
with my first IM in a couple months I'm trying to sort out everything I need to handle. My nutrition on bike will be liquid only (maybe some gels) but planning on starting with 3 bottles of tailwind probably 300-400 calories per bottle. Should I just have more tailwind mix in my bike special needs bag and stop there and remix my bottles there? Is that the normal thing to do? I'm planning to drink a bottle per hour. For whatever reason, drinking to thirst doesn't seem to work for me. I end up not drinking nearly enough. During training, I've been drinking on a schedule on the bike and getting a bottle down per hour and that seems to be working so just trying to figure out what to do during the race.
Quote Reply
Re: bike special needs bag [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Infinit in the bike, but I have mine premixed in bottles in my SN bag. For the sake of a couple throw-away bike bottles having it premixed saves a lot of mucking about.
Quote Reply
Re: bike special needs bag [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captain-tri wrote:
I use Infinit in the bike, but I have mine premixed in bottles in my SN bag. For the sake of a couple throw-away bike bottles having it premixed saves a lot of mucking about.

Yeah. That's probably a good idea. I'm all for convenience. Do use infinit on the run or just use the aid stations?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used Infinit on the run last year, but I gave it up for this year because I found carrying a bottle/bottles annoying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have premixed bottles ready to go. I may also have a Perrier sparking water or Redbull for carbonation.
Quote Reply
Re: bike special needs bag [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captain-tri wrote:
I used Infinit on the run last year, but I gave it up for this year because I found carrying a bottle/bottles annoying.

yeah. I'm not really into carrying a bottle. during training I'm okay with it but in a race, not so much.
Quote Reply
Re: bike special needs bag [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
Have premixed bottles ready to go. I may also have a Perrier sparking water or Redbull for carbonation.

This is probably what I'll end up doing, minus the perrier and redbull. ;) I'll start out with 2 bottles and my bta bottle and have 3 premixed ready at the special needs. I'm planning on under 6 hours for the bike so 6 bottles total should be good for me. I'll just grab more off the course if I need it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
...... I'm all for convenience. .......

Have you tried the on course drink? That's very convenient.......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply