Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone has spare seat post + brakes for Felt IA FRD 2014 model
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I have a Felt IA FRD 2014 model and seat post + brakes are completely worn out and not functional anymore.

I have tried to reach Felt and various dealers through Europe and it was an impossible task. There is no one there to respond to your phone calls, emails, direct messages, only one kind enough Austrian dealer (after approaching approx. 15 dealers through Europe) that they said the same, they can't help me to purchase any of those. It's a pity to see Felt offering no support to their products.

Therefore, I try my luck with you, guys! Anyone has any spare seat post or brakes to sell?

Thank you,
Mihai
Quote Reply
Re: anyone has spare seat post + brakes for Felt IA FRD 2014 model [MV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seatpost seems the same type of recent models, but if you can't find one, you may ask some carbon workshop if they can fix yours. Idk those felt brakes, but they're likely provided by some mass producer (trp, tektro...); I would look online if you can find compatible parts
Quote Reply
Re: anyone has spare seat post + brakes for Felt IA FRD 2014 model [MV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ebay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have it, I’m pretty sure I have all the things you ask.
Let me know exactly what you need and I can look in my Felt spare parts box as well I can look, if don’t have it, to order it for you.

We are located in the Netherlands

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you wear out a seatpost? Is it something with the seat clamp mechanism?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What the issue on the seat post? The 3T piece is replaceable.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone has spare seat post + brakes for Felt IA FRD 2014 model [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a 2014 IA FRD frame. I have it since 2018 and i have used it extensively, both indoors and outdoors. I am varying between 200 and 220 pounds depending on the season, and i think it’s my weight that affected this.

1. During time i have bought 3 pieces of 3T DIFFLOCK mechanism. Those were also broken, but with time, it’s actually the teeth inside the seat post that the 3T DIFFLOCK goes inside, those teeth are honed, are not prominent anymore, so even a new 3T DIFFLOCK has a huge movement. All bolts are very tight and the saddle has almost 2cm movement left right and up down. Not so good :)

Besides that, the clamp inside the seat post that you tight the bolts to the frame, that is broken, i have a custom one made by my father and some very nasty improvisation. So i need to replace entire seat post.

2. The brakes on this bike, a V shape TRP single mount point, i have added some extra springs to bring them back, but still not working, especially when it’s raining, game over, you brake and they will remain stuck on the rim, whey won’t release. I’ve cleaned them, added extra powerful spring to bounce back, still no use, it’s to aluminium materials inside the brake that no longer slide properly onto each other.

Cool, thank you guys for your feedback!
Quote Reply
Re: anyone has spare seat post + brakes for Felt IA FRD 2014 model [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for your kind reply!
I will contact you in private here and also will look up your business on the web.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe try the newer post with the conventional style saddle clamp.

I have a post from an IA4 with the 3T lock that is stripped. But appears what you need is the new style post.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone has spare seat post + brakes for Felt IA FRD 2014 model [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, i don’t know if what you have will fit what i have :))

Here is the seat post and also notice the marvellous engineering project to tighten the seat post in the frame. :))

Here are some pictures, please don’t laugh :))

Last edited by: MV: Jan 26, 24 13:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That poor bike.

Unsure how you have secured height wise but those bolts originally are shallow head and new a flat tipped Allen wrench in perfect condition or the head strips out. I bought a box of 50 of those and every time I made an adjustment threw out and replaced them.
Quote Reply