Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

adidas super nova control discontinued
Quote | Reply
Adidas has discontinued these popular training shoes that I have worn for years. Does anyone that also used them have a recommendation for a similar replacement shoe?
Quote Reply
Re: adidas super nova control discontinued [further] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but I guess I'm in the same boat. I'll have to find something new...

Maybe we can find some on closeout somewhere... or Overstock.com or something...

Bummer. I loved those shoes. First and only ones I've tried, never needed a reason to move away.

Dang.

--------------------
Yes, I too now have a Blog. Don't laugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Holabird Sports, RoadRunnerSports or Zappos. They're all dot com's that sell online and you can probably find closeouts somewhere. If you like the S'Nova Control buy as many pair as you can find because trying to find something new is a big pain in the arse.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched a year or so ago to the Asics Gel DS Trainer X (or is it like XI by now?). No problems with these for my narrow feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Followup:

Both www.adidas.com and www.roadrunnersports.com are advertising the "new" Supernova Control 9, which from the photo and description looks a lot like my 2005 model shoes...

Are you sure they're being discontinued, or are they just updating them for '07??

--------------------
Yes, I too now have a Blog. Don't laugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't buy into the stock up theory. You have to move on sometime. They discontinued it (or improved on it) because there is better on the market. Good luck in your search.
Last edited by: Pfalcon: Oct 18, 06 19:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Supernova Control is now the Supernova, it is a bit lighter on teh stability though as they went form a dual density foam to a plastic wrap on the medial rearfoot. Yeah, you're not alone in missing the shoe. New version is out soon I hear but there are a LOT of other nice options. Maybe try a Brooks Adrenaline, possibly a wide width would fit more like the Adidas normal width.
Quote Reply