Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

abcess - tooth
Quote | Reply
I had been having some bad training very weak , blood pressure was high ( real high) , I had a sinus infection, went on antibiotics and felt some better when they wore off I would be sick again (repeated process one time) , now i had been feeling bad the month of September. Felt some better went on a ride Sat. and when i got back my rear molar hurt to bite down. It got worse and the next day Sunday it was very VERY bad pain. I went to dentist the next day and a root canal tooth had an abcess under it and had to be pulled.My blood pressure is back to normal. I felt much better all day Monday so went to local crit. Tuesday night. I was weak and quit and came home. I rested today felt tired . I feel better now . I have a 50 mile gravel race Saturday. My brother, son-in-law and grandson are doing it with me. If I continue to feel better should I race it?,Just ride it and not race it? Not do it at all? Since it's a family thing and has been planned for a while I want to race it. I have Thursday and Friday to recover and I'm on Penicillin. Any Doctors, Dentists, People who have had this experience I need some advice.
Quote Reply
Re: abcess - tooth [dennis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you'll most likely be fine

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: abcess - tooth [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you think I should do for the next two days ? I have been doing this for years but sometimes i just need outside advice. I also posted this so others can bank this in their memories. I was sick for 10 weeks, no tooth problems then it exploded. I was afraid i would need to go on blood pressure meds. Pray that if it happens to you that it isn't on a weekend when the dentist are closed. The pain was horrible, I keep checking my blood pressure now can't believe it back to normal.
Quote Reply
Re: abcess - tooth [dennis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i usually tell pts to take it easy for a few days. then see how you feel.
lower molars tend to have a higher chance of a dry socket but odds are low for that.
maybe ride easy then a few short efforts. take note of how your sockets feels during this.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: abcess - tooth [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am assuming it was an upper molar because your sinuses sit right on top of your upper molar tooth roots. An active infection in your tooth can cause sinus symptoms. If the tooth has been removed the source of the infection is gone so you should heal quickly but it will still take a several days.
Quote Reply