Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

large rubber bands
Quote | Reply
One of the bands holding my Profile bottle broke, short of buying the bracket or replacement kit, any ideas on where to find a large rubber band?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: large rubber bands [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Email Profile. In my experience, most bike companies are happy to send you stuff like rubber bands (e.g. screws, washers, o-rings, etc.) for free.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had friend who bought a bag at Home Depot. something like 5$ for a bag of 100 or so.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Look at the rubber bands used to hold brocoli & aspargus bundled up for sale. They are usually pretty stout.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: large rubber bands [StevenH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the same thing happen to me. Once right before a race...fortunately although my LBS didn't have the "accessory pack" from Profile, they just gave me the rubber bands that they found in the shop. I'll have to check Home Depot, I really dislike spending $5 for a couple of rubber bands from Profile.

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've done this exact replacement job with long and wide-enough rubberbands we had in the house. and i may or may not have put two together to make one which was then long enough. it certainly worked fine.
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profile sent me a little bag of 4 rubber bands for free. Just call and ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope this isn't sacrilegious, I use a LiveStrong bracelet.

fka: bassman

After the swim, I'm a fish outta water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're waiting on Profile to send new ones, you can just use electrical tape in the interim...
Quote Reply
Re: large rubber bands [dstake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duct tape, baby

the miracle worker

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those mini bungee cords work great for this.

I happened to have some kicking around, so they cost me nada. And they are easier to use than rubber bands, more durable, and (for better or worse) more colorful too. As for durability - bike was on roof, and the bottle stayed on for a 70mph+ ride to the race, and an 80mph+ ride home, so that's faster'n I'll ever actually go on the bike while riding. I think. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: large rubber bands [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, that's the best idea yet

not very aero, though

lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< not very aero, though >>

Nah - they are MORE AERO. Just like what Tyr is doing for swimsuits, this does for Profile water bottles. If ya can't have dimples, go for mini "speed-bumps"

In a totally anecdotal situation, I shaved 3.5+ mins offa my 40k bike split from last season, and the only things I changed were: more bike fitness/mileage, zipp 404's vs Rolfs, and bungee cords vs. rubber bands.

It was all about the bungee cords.

That other stuff - you just can't test for that ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply