Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Special Division for IM 70.3 Kansas
Quote | Reply

Athletes have a chance to win awards for the best Wizard of OZ Costum at IM 70.3 Kansas.

What character do you like best from the Wizard of OZ?

Athletes wearing a character Costum during the race will have a chance to win special awards.

No matter how fast or slow - anyone can enter and all you have to do is race as the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, Dorothy, the Wicked Witch, a Flying Monkey, a Munchin or as any of the other characters in the movie!

You do not have to sign up for this division - all you have to do is wear a costum!

We will ask each athlete wearing a costum to come up on stage of the awards ceremony and the Wizard of OZ himself (Simon Lessing??)will help decide who will win the competition. Prized will include race entry into the 2010 IM 70.3 Kansas Triathlon and triathlon gear.

We hope to see lots of OZ characters on June 14th in Lawrence, Kansas!

"There is No Place Like Home" -- "Follow the Yellow Brick Road"
Quote Reply
Re: Special Division for IM 70.3 Kansas [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I LOVE those flying monkeys!

But that prize of gear...is that red and blue gear? ;-P

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Special Division for IM 70.3 Kansas [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Purple Gear for you Cathy! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a great picture of a Dorothy who just missed the finish due to threats of twisters.. i'll be she'll be back to defend in the new cat!

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kudos to anyone who can do a 1.2 mile swim dressed as the Tinman. I'd sink like a rock dressed in metal.

And if that's not enough, whoever does make the swim will most likely rust while down on their aerobars during the ride. Better bring one of those oil can thingies from the movie.

Quote | Reply
Hope she brings Toto!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should be the hands-down favorite to take the "Munchkin" award, just by showing up!

Look down, I'm here!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We might even erect a small area inside the transition zone for this division, complete with a yellow brick road. Have not heard back from Simon about wearing the Wizard of Oz out fit, but you swim guy - Tim Johnson will be the scarecrow on his jet ski. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the storm rolling in last year it felt like we where going to have the tornado to fit the Oz scene!

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: Special Division for IM 70.3 Kansas [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes- I think that playing Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" brought that weather on last year. We will not play that this year!

Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few people did tell me that I brought the twister and bad weather on!

Love,
the Original KS 70.3 Dorothy :)

P.S. Toto is very much looking forward to running the whole run this coming year. He did come out for a 10K this fall as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Special Division for IM 70.3 Kansas [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bt - I'm sure you did not bring on the storm! But we are making sure to have good weather this year by appeasing the Wizard of Oz with this special division.
Quote Reply