Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance on the newest Lava Cover and LA 7 article!!
Quote | Reply
Best Lava to date! Finally, someone who thinks as I do. Flame away!!
Last edited by: TrekGeek: Feb 24, 15 18:28
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the part where he admits he never should have sued USADA, that Travis is a great guy. and getting Livestrong lobbyists to use funds meant for cancer to lobby congress to defund USADA was a big mistake
Last edited by: julian D: Feb 24, 15 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [julian D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously a hater and didn't read the article! I personally look forward to the day when he's given all his titles back. And yes, a lot of pro cyclists present and past are pushing for it.

Why not read the article instead of posting sarcasm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Obviously a hater and didn't read the article! I personally look forward to the day when he's given all his titles back. And yes, a lot of pro cyclists present and past are pushing for it.

Some dopers think he should have his titles back....zzzzzz. Nobody is pushing for it. The sport wants to forget Armstrong, pretend he never existed

What does Kittel think?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kittel-sick-of-armstrong-supporters

Quote:
"I feel SICK when I read that Contador, Sanchez & Indurain still support Armstrong. How does someone want to be credible by saying that?!"

"I mean, it makes it all worse. They should play their false game somewhere else. Or do they ride for money instead of joy?!"

Unequivocal about his anti-doping stance, Kittel even answered a critical Tweet from another user, who suggested, "Don't you think it's better to shut your mouth. Cycling history always turns back 2 people like you." The German responded: "Not anymore! I'll risk it!"

He will never get them back. His revisionist history is confirming what we all knew.....He is a lying scumbag that will never change. He is searching for some groupies to sell his latest scam to. He may find a few but most will ignore him
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
julian D wrote:
What does Kittel think?
Quote:

"I feel SICK when I read that Contador, Sanchez & Indurain still support Armstrong. How does someone want to be credible by saying that?!"

The person who does have any credibility is Kittel. He is among the latest omerta keepers and scam artists who pretend the the doping problem is caused by a few people and the sport has cleaned up. They keep lying about the extent of doping and refuse to allow cycling to deal with the problem using a policy of transparency. They feel it is far easier to lie and blame everything on a few rotten apples rather than a rotten orchard. Nothing will change as long as they continue to con the public.

The next screw job is coming. Wait for the CIRC report to be released and watch the UCI to decide a couple of team managers are not fit and proper people to be involved in cycling while giving a pass to the rest of the managers, who were all just as complicit. Don't hold your breath expecting Cookson to admit that for twenty years pretty much every race of significance was won with the aid of blood vector doping.
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
julian D wrote:

What does Kittel think?
Quote:

The person who does have any credibility is Kittel. He is among the latest omerta keepers and scam artists who pretend the the doping problem is caused by a few people and the sport has cleaned up. They keep lying about the extent of doping and refuse to allow cycling to deal with the problem using a policy of transparency. They feel it is far easier to lie and blame everything on a few rotten apples rather than a rotten orchard. Nothing will change as long as they continue to con the public.

The next screw job is coming. Wait for the CIRC report to be released and watch the UCI to decide a couple of team managers are not fit and proper people to be involved in cycling while giving a pass to the rest of the managers, who were all just as complicit. Don't hold your breath expecting Cookson to admit that for twenty years pretty much every race of significance was won with the aid of blood vector doping.

If UCI did the part in bold, then I would expect that Roger Goodell would get on stage and say that every Superbowl going back to the undefeated Dolphins run of 1972 was done with anabolic steroids and HGH. Good luck with that happening. There is really no incentive for the UCI to come clean...they have an incentive to come "semi clean" to make it look to fans and sponsors that we are seeing wholesome sport again, and then pull back in the likes of Nike, Citigroup, Nestle <insert your multinational sponsor here> and then move on. Then some superstars in the future will be busted again, they will be thrown under the bus and then it will be business as usual.

Did you ever notice that other than the stupidest athletes like Ben Johnson, the IOC almost NEVER busts marquis super star athletes for doping during the Olympics. they will bust a Tier3 Bulgarian weight lifter, or some 30th place skeleton or luge athletes for some stimulant, but almost NEVER a superstar that will take down sponsor $$$$.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
They keep lying about the extent of doping and refuse to allow cycling to deal with the problem using a policy of transparency. They feel it is far easier to lie and blame everything on a few rotten apples rather than a rotten orchard. Nothing will change as long as they continue to con the public.

BS. There are plenty of riders who speak up against doping. There is plenty of evidence that the situation has improved greatly, even lance says so.
A few rotten apples? Who is pretending it was just a few rotten apples? Lienders, Ferrari, Ricco, Ullrich, Marti, Di Lucca, Santuccione. The list is bans is endless.

Regardless, this is about Lance trying to court a new batch up suckers to buy his latest scam.
Last edited by: julian D: Feb 24, 15 20:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasn't Kittell in the poo a few years ago for having his blood drawn, treated with UV light ( or whatever) and re-injected? any such actions now would be illegal.
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [shep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup....
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [shep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it illegal at the time? (Honest question, I'm not trying to stir the pot)
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"that every Superbowl going back to the undefeated Dolphins run of 1972 was done with anabolic steroids and HGH"
-----------------------------
But everyone already knows and accepts (excepts?) this.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So your saying they should just dismantle all of pro cycling? Remember the top 15 in all of Lance's win years were all implicated in doping. I'm sure you could take that down to the top 30 and beyond. Personally, I don't for a second believe cycling is clean now.
Last edited by: mcmetal: Feb 25, 15 9:09
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Lance or anyone really care if the titles are "returned?" It isn't like we went back and had the race over again. Lance rode into Paris 7 times in the yellow jersey. He still has all 7 yellow jerseys hanging on the wall in his basement. He still won the tour 7 times. Saying he didn't is merely paperwork, it doesn't change what actually happened so I don't think any movements to "give them back to him" are coming because they really can't go back in time to actually take them in the first place.

Another point brought up that is interesting, if Lance has to pay back a bunch of money, should Trek have to pay back millions as well? No chance they have the success they have had without Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dado0583 wrote:

No, it was not illegal

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cas-rules-uv-light-blood-treatments-in-germany-were-not-doping
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:

When do you start your campaign to get DiLucca, Ricco, Landis, and Hamilton their titles back?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
julian D wrote:
dado0583 wrote:

No, it was not illegal

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cas-rules-uv-light-blood-treatments-in-germany-were-not-doping

I hadn't heard of it before. Obviously right/wrong is not a easily defined line, but given there were no rules prohibiting it I wouldn't put him in the same category as a number of other riders. He was not cheating, but I guess you could argue that he's not embracing the 'spirit' of competition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
julian D wrote:
Regardless, this is about Lance trying to court a new batch up suckers to buy his latest scam.

And there it is: The curious type of hater who pretends he is anti doping but is actually anti Armstrong. This type lives in fear that LA will find rehabilitation of his image so they pretend LA was unique instead of recognizing that everyone LA competed with for the Tour was also doping. Thus the paranoia and hysteria that everything LA does or says must be the evil plotting of a mustache twirling super villian.

You should get together with Betsy Andreu. You two would get along famously. You could add to her creepy, LA obsessed Facebook page. And you could swap stories about LA's latest scheme to fool the public and take over the planet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
Thus the paranoia and hysteria that everything LA does or says must be the evil plotting of a mustache twirling super villian.

He's not a villian, just a narcissistic asshole.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
julian D wrote:

And there it is: The curious type of hater who pretends he is anti doping but is actually anti Armstrong. This type lives in fear that LA will find rehabilitation of his image so they pretend LA was unique instead of recognizing that everyone LA competed with for the Tour was also doping. Thus the paranoia and hysteria that everything LA does or says must be the evil plotting of a mustache twirling super villian.

You should get together with Betsy Andreu. You two would get along famously. You could add to her creepy, LA obsessed Facebook page. And you could swap stories about LA's latest scheme to fool the public and take over the planet.

I am sorry for you. With your facts is always a tone of bitterness with the occasional venom of a personal attack. For what purpose the insults. I just don't get it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
julian D wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
They keep lying about the extent of doping and refuse to allow cycling to deal with the problem using a policy of transparency. They feel it is far easier to lie and blame everything on a few rotten apples rather than a rotten orchard. Nothing will change as long as they continue to con the public.

BS. There are plenty of riders who speak up against doping. There is plenty of evidence that the situation has improved greatly, even lance says so.
A few rotten apples? Who is pretending it was just a few rotten apples? Lienders, Ferrari, Ricco, Ullrich, Marti, Di Lucca, Santuccione. The list is bans is endless.

Isn't the whole moral of this story that Lance himself is a liar who can't be trusted? Why then would his words carry any weight anywhere? He is a competitive sociopath willing to commit career murder (e.g. killing others careers off) to keep his winning cheating ways. I think in his mind it's justified because others were doing it but in the end "they" (the UCI, Directors, etc) took a sport and twisted it so doping was a norm for the podium places. Like most things in the 90s (cellphone, internet, etc) these teams then introduce cutting edge science into the mix and it became an arms race. Sure people were doping in 1912 but the level of sophistication hit an all time high with Lance. Today they are just using different dope I'm sure that's been in the pipeline waiting for EPO to be detectable. Maybe not as effective as EPO but rest assured, doping is happening but on a more controlled basis to prevent the risk of tipping the scales towards the "doper" side of the fence.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
Today they are just using different dope I'm sure that's been in the pipeline waiting for EPO to be detectable. Maybe not as effective as EPO but rest assured, doping is happening but on a more controlled basis to prevent the risk of tipping the scales towards the "doper" side of the fence.

Seeing as how Froome and Porte are climbing as fast as Armstrong, faster in some cases, I have to assume that nothing has changed despite everyone falling over themselves to assure the public that a new era is upon us and it is different this time.
Quote Reply
Re: New Lava and LA 7 article!! [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
Thus the paranoia and hysteria that everything LA does or says must be the evil plotting of a mustache twirling super villian.

He's not a villian, just a narcissistic asshole.

^this.

....and for better or worse, most unforgettable, "never gonna be another ________" - type world-class one-of-a-kind athletes are/will-be/have-always-been. Regardless of the doping, Lance was an absolute freak of nature athletically. That engine he had was something to behold & feared. If he had taken a Hincapie approach to off-the-road rumors, questions, challenges, and speculations, perhaps he wouldn't have been taken down so hard. But, then again, he may not have had as far to fall b/c being dick made him exploit every possible ounce of potential in that superhuman frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance on the newest Lava Cover and LA 7 article!! [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed the puff interview LAVA did with Michael Weiss. You know, the one where the never asked him any hard questions, let him spew his verious of events, and never really challenged or questioned anything he said.

My opinion of Lava is similar to my criticism of sports journalism in general. Journalists want (and think they need) access to personalies, that if they ever write anything remotely critical of an athlete, they'll lose that access, so they end up being in effect PR mouthpieces for the athletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should get together with Betsy Andreu. You two would get along famously. You could add to her creepy, LA obsessed Facebook page. And you could swap stories about LA's latest scheme to fool the public and take over the planet

Wow! Talk about someone who's obsessed.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance on the newest Lava Cover and LA 7 article!! [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Best Lava to date! Finally, someone who thinks as I do. Flame away!!

Everywhere I log in today (ST, FB, etc) you have posted this. Do you work for Lava or are you that much of a Lance lover? Just curious.
Quote Reply

Prev Next