Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LG vs Spiuk check this timetrial video and choose a helmet
Quote | Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wPBzsAB3tc

I am trying to choose a helmet for the nationals next month and ask my dad to film a video to compare the LG rocket and the Spiuk kronos.

i am riding without my neck like a turtle like i have been doing lately. is just a relaxed position.

it was a very windy day so it was a good day to try the helmets. my dad says also that i look like i have ants in my seat in this video but i tell him that the road had a lot of small holes in some parts.

the helmets are both good but maybe one is a little bit better than another.

one more thing is that this is my new uci position. very different than my tri position. i feel faster in my tri position but rules are rules.

thanks.

Sergio III
Quote Reply
Re: LG vs Spiuk check this timetrial video and choose a helmet [Sergio Jr.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spuik looks better to me...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: LG vs Spiuk check this timetrial video and choose a helmet [Sergio Jr.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at your other videos, you have got to stop looking down with the aero hat. Keep your head still. You also have heaps of torso movement which is wasting power and energy.
Quote Reply
Re: LG vs Spiuk check this timetrial video and choose a helmet [plazbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

In Reply To
Looking at your other videos, you have got to stop looking down with the aero hat. Keep your head still. You also have heaps of torso movement which is wasting power and energy.[/reply]
yes, i know i have to work on that. but what helmet looks better?

thanks

Sergio III
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

i am riding without my neck like a turtle like i have been doing lately. is just a relaxed position.

There's got to be a way to get your head lower than that - it's sticking way up into the wind! That said, I think the Spiuk looks like it works better for you. Either way, I think you'll reduce your drag considerably by worrying more about your head position than your helmet choice.

Rik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
which helmet looks better would depend on what kit you're going to ride in for nationals... which i assume would not be a team csc kit... ;)

nevertheless, i prefer the look of the spiuk. all around nicer in my opinion.

i think you should perhaps concentrate on what's most comfortable for you, though i'll admit that if you're going to win the nationals, looks are important!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I was thinking of buying a Aero helmet. A long time ST'er told me don't bother unless I can keep my head up for a 112 miles. At what point does it help and what point does it hurt you, as far as keeping your in place???

Quote | Reply
Spiuk is way better.
I think your head looks plenty low with the Spiuk-
I do not agree with the other poster about your torso movement- I think you look pretty solid. It is obvious that you take your ST criticism and then work to improve. Bravo!
FWIW- I bet Dave Z. took years to develop the position that you see now. I bet he was not that dialed as a teenager.
Quote Reply
Re: LG vs Spiuk check this timetrial video and choose a helmet [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can get my head lower but my dad told me not. in the last days I have been lowering on purpose my head for the first time and it is not a big problem, i think i could race with my head like a turtle but maybe is not a good idea to change my normal position for the important race in some more days.

i was not trying to ride not moving much but just normal and the road is a mexican road with many small holes so you can not look too stable. i have always want to know how DZ was riding at my age maybe some day i will ask him :)

in this video my dad took before the ride i think you can see the position better. no one thinks that my seat is too low? :)

thank you for your opinions.

Sergio III
Last edited by: Sergio Jr.: Apr 13, 08 21:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i forgot to put the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9yuq30Q2lY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

i can get my head lower but my dad told me not...

in this video my dad took before the ride i think you can see the position better. no one thinks that my seat is too low?
thank you for your opinions.

Sergio III

Sergio,

You don't always have to listen to your dad! ;) Well, he is financing the equipment, so maybe you do!

Your saddle height looks OK. Definitely not too low. If anything it might still be a little high. Even on the trainer, Your torso has a rocking movement that might be caused be that.

In the most recent video you posted, your head looks even higher. It's like you are focusing more on trying to look straight ahead and keep the tail of the helmet on your back.

I think you need to tilt your head down and, if possible, lower your neck down so that you are looking at the road more through the "top" of your eyes. If necessary you can wear the helmet a bit higher on your forehead to keep the tail down.

BTW, your head position would be fine for a longer triathlon leg if necessary for comfort, but we're talking about a time trial here. Comfort doesn't enter into the equation!

Rik
Last edited by: rik: Apr 12, 08 11:48
Quote Reply
Re: LG vs Spiuk check this timetrial video and choose a helmet [Horsepower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The STer would be incorrect.

But it's not easy to keep your head up if you let it sink between your shoulders and practice like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiuk
Quote Reply
Re: LG vs Spiuk check this timetrial video and choose a helmet [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response. I just wanted to make sure it would be worth the $$$ if I'm not a statue in aero position...

Quote | Reply
Search around here. I believe I've seen the LG tested with the tail up and it seems to do about as well as down and as good or better than the other helmets.

Anyone else feel free to chime in to correct me but I am pretty sure of the above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had them both in the wind tunnel

One is faster on me, the other faster on a client

You will need to get into the tunnel to measure which is fastest
Quote Reply