Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Florida training...
Quote | Reply
Three weeks after IM Florida ended last week. I went 9.54 with exploded front tire in transition area. My knees were pretty sore walking downstairs for a week or so after IM but did nothing but rest until this week. Just started training for IM Malasya and probably over do it on the faster run (6*1k) this week. Today after recovery run (third run this week) my outer part of left knee hurts like after IM.

what should I do? Continue with biking, swiming and gim and do no runing (only aqua jogging) or just do easy and short runs until there is no pain?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida training... [slospeedster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mate sounds like you some tight IT bands.Stretch ice rest also get a rolling pin and roll over it.I know sounds stupid but works.You have about13 weeks dont you until IMM if so your residual base/fitness will allow one more weeks rest. good luck

the will to win is greater than the skill to win
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nino? Is that you?

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida training... [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes yes my friend... how are you, ha ha ha funny ha??
as you see my condition is not blistering, and you? hope all is well and you are resting as much as I should too...
any races??
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida training... [AUSSIEDREW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey its not IT band its more like just on the outer side of knee. The same feeling like one day after IM. yes ice and rest no other magic I think. What did you mean by residual base/fitness? I do fitness but legs only and 3 times a week. is a lot of walking ok or better resting and only biking and swiming?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You just finished IMFL correct so you have not lost any or very much of your fitness.My firm belief would be to continue to swim and bike only if it doesn't aggravate it.More than likely you may hace started running to soon after FL.You will be ready and fine for IMM if you listen to your body.

the will to win is greater than the skill to win
Quote Reply