Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift help needed....please
Quote | Reply
I have the newest iPad and an iPhone 6s. I purchased what I thought was the latest wireless Garmin speed and Cadence sensors, see photo. I signed up for zwift and that is ready to go. I put the sensors on the bike and zwift is not picking up the Bluetooth signal. The ipads Bluetooth is on. What am I missing? Another part or am I doing it right and it's just not working.....dead batteries maybe? Thank u for any suggestions...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [Larryl115] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need a wahoo speed/cadence sensor to use with ipad as it is blue tooth. Garmin is only ant+. You can use that sensor though if you have a computer with an ant+ stick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Larryl115 wrote:
I have the newest iPad and an iPhone 6s. I purchased what I thought was the latest wireless Garmin speed and Cadence sensors, see photo. I signed up for zwift and that is ready to go. I put the sensors on the bike and zwift is not picking up the Bluetooth signal. The ipads Bluetooth is on. What am I missing? Another part or am I doing it right and it's just not working.....dead batteries maybe? Thank u for any suggestions...
Garmin products don't transmit in Bluetooth. Only Ant+.

You'll need Bluetooth sensors if you want to use Bluetooth on the IPad or iPhone. I use an older iPad with Trainerroad and use a Wahoo Ant+ connector, which you could potentially buy along with a 30pin to lightning adaptor.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [ericallenboyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So will these sensors work with the new Garmin Fenix 5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they will work with fenix but will not work with ipad
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank u
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 last question...is this technology on its way out? Is Bluetooth what everything will end up moving to?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can buy the Wahoo ANT stick and use it with the iPad. You need the Apple lighting to 30 pin connector.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wahoo Ant+ stick and the 30 pin Apple lightning adapter works for TrainerRoad but not Zwift. Zwift allows Ant+ signals for Apple and Windows computers but only Bluetooth for IOS devices (iPads & iPhones). I went through this same issue. I ended up purchasing the 4iiii innovations heart rate monitor which acts as a bridge between your Ant+ sensors and Zwift. Zwift recommends this solution. DC Rainmaker has a review on his website about it too. It's not cheap ($80) but it was the most cost effective solution for me given I wanted to use my iPad for the workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just figured that out but the cost is the same as just buying Bluetooth smart wahoo sensors! Go figure!đŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alternatively, buy a stages pm. A more expensive option but it will do speed/power/cadence for zwift as well as power and cadence out on the road (assuming you have a suitable head unit)

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [slidecontrol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would work, but if you don't have a heart rate monitor that broadcasts Bluetooth, Zwift won't pick up your heart rate.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [slidecontrol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you....I'm looking at those now
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly I had not even thought about HR on Zwift but that something I should consider. I have the Garmin Fenix 5 on preorder and intend on just trying to use WHR as a matter of convenience. I'm assuming that will not broadcast to Zwift?
Thanks, Larry
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe they added the Wahoo ANT+key/30pin adapter combo capability in late January with an app update. I haven't tried it yet as I bought the CABLE Bluetooth bridge before Zwift decided to add Wahoo into the mix. Kind of pissed me off as I already had the Wahoo stuff and the CABLE was about $100 CAD by the time it got to me in Canada.

Cost aside, the Cable and the 4iiii that you have are a better solution as you can charge the iPad/iPhone while using Zwift and not have to worry about battery life if you're doing a really long session.

http://www.npe-inc.com/products/products-cable.html

-Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [chowder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang. I could have saved myself some $ too (guess I have a spare heart rate strap now). The 4iiii does work well though.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [chowder] CABLE [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chowder wrote:
I believe they added the Wahoo ANT+key/30pin adapter combo capability in late January with an app update. I haven't tried it yet as I bought the CABLE Bluetooth bridge before Zwift decided to add Wahoo into the mix. Kind of pissed me off as I already had the Wahoo stuff and the CABLE was about $100 CAD by the time it got to me in Canada.

Cost aside, the Cable and the 4iiii that you have are a better solution as you can charge the iPad/iPhone while using Zwift and not have to worry about battery life if you're doing a really long session.

http://www.npe-inc.com/products/products-cable.html

-Mike

I set up my "cable" last night. I went for a test ride on trainer road, using my PM as the controller and it seemed pretty choppy in ERG mode. I only rode a few minutes but noticed it was more difficult to stay on the prescribed wattage compared to letting the KICKR control the wattage. I want to use the PM so I have a consistent measurement indoors and outdoors. When I am in trainer road and go to calibrate the PM, I get a "calibration failed" error. Anyone have this problem? I also get it when I try to calibrate in the CABLE app.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help needed....please [chowder] CABLE [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're a step ahead of me with trying the calibration Mike. I just calibrate my Vectors using my Garmin and calibrate my Magnus using the Cycleops app on my phone (or with the computer if I happen to be using that instead). Then I start up the CABLE, then Zwift and start riding.
I've never tried to calibrate using anything through the CABLE connection to an app or piece of software and wasn't even aware there was a calibration function with the CABLE unit itself.
I haven't experienced any choppiness with the performance in ERG mode either so I'm really sorry I can't offer any insights there either. Basically, I'm useless today. Sorry my friend. :-)

-Mike Fougere
Quote Reply