Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift / TrainerRoad, etc. for Vasa Erg
Quote | Reply
I see that the Vasa Erg now transmits ANT+ and it's possible to pair it with software platforms such as TrainerRoad but my question is, has TrainerRoad designed swim specific workouts? If not would you just use the workout creator and swim by watts and time?

What about zwift? Could you swim on the vasa Erg and make the avatar pedal? Weird I know but with the workout creator, maybe it's worth doing.
Last edited by: NYSLIM: Mar 24, 17 17:54
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift / TrainerRoad, etc. for Vasa Erg [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.

Just got my Vasa Swim Erg. I know that TR had asked folks on their FB page a while back if they'd be interested in TR workouts for the Vasa but I never heard if they followed through with it. Does anyone here know if there are TR workouts for the Vasa?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift / TrainerRoad, etc. for Vasa Erg [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump

Is the vasa team active on TR?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift / TrainerRoad, etc. for Vasa Erg [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is one workout! I wish there were more
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift / TrainerRoad, etc. for Vasa Erg [Triben32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triben32 wrote:
There is one workout! I wish there were more

My understanding is that the Vasa erg gives you watts plus estimated pace in the pool, e.g. 1:30/100, for each pull. Assuming this true, then I would just do same workouts as in the pool, i.e., something like 1000 easy warm-up, 10 x 100 free on 2:00 or whatever works for you, then 5 x 200 free on 4:00 or appropriate interval for you. Or you could do a ladder workout: 50-100-150-200-300-400-500, then back down trying to hold same pace for each 100 (hint: go out S-L-O-W on that 1st 50...:)) If you want more variety, lots of workouts in the monthly swim challenge threads.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift / TrainerRoad, etc. for Vasa Erg [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That's what I have done so far. Try and just do regular workouts for days I can't get to the pool
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triben32 wrote:
Thanks. That's what I have done so far. Try and just do regular workouts for days I can't get to the pool

So, how long have been using the erg; how do you like it; and do you think it is improving your swim-specific strength and endurance??? Do you feel stronger in the water???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had it for awhile but did not use it because work and school got me out of tris. This summer I started up again and have used it maybe 2 times a week to supplement my pool workouts. My schedule is a mess so this helps me get 45 minutes in instead of missing a swim day.

My times are coming down but it is probably a combo of being in the pool using the Erg and being consistent more than anything.

I can say that I can generate more power on the Erg now than when I first started up.

It's hard for me to always get to the pool so this helps me stay consistent.

I hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triben32 wrote:
I have had it for awhile but did not use it because work and school got me out of tris. This summer I started up again and have used it maybe 2 times a week to supplement my pool workouts. My schedule is a mess so this helps me get 45 minutes in instead of missing a swim day.
My times are coming down but it is probably a combo of being in the pool using the Erg and being consistent more than anything.
I can say that I can generate more power on the Erg now than when I first started up.
It's hard for me to always get to the pool so this helps me stay consistent.
I hope that helps.

I see, thanks for your input. You might want to PM "lightheir" as he is the king of the Vasa here on ST, i.e. the most frequent poster on the use of this device to improve your swimming. IIRC, he went from something like 1:55/100 down to 1:25/100 by using the Vasa 5-6 days/wk and swimming just 1-2 days/wk. And, he has absolutely no financial stake in the Vasa Corp so he is an unbiased reporter. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift / TrainerRoad, etc. for Vasa Erg [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BUMP

I just my Vasa Erg Ant+ delivered yesterday and "swam" for 30 minutes today.

I am a complete Trainerroad addict, so I'm planning on using a ton of those workouts for structure. With that said, should I just go for a ramp test to get my "FTP" and go from there?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift / TrainerRoad, etc. for Vasa Erg [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
BUMP

I just my Vasa Erg Ant+ delivered yesterday and "swam" for 30 minutes today.

I am a complete Trainerroad addict, so I'm planning on using a ton of those workouts for structure. With that said, should I just go for a ramp test to get my "FTP" and go from there?

Why not just do typical swimmer workouts??? See my post #5 above.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean, sure, I *could*, but why spend 2 grand on that?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply