Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift & inflated TSS
Quote | Reply
For the past 7 days I just can't fathom how TSS, IF, VI and NP can be so over inflated, compared to my outdoor rides in the last 14 days. Any indoor rides in the past 45 days on computrainer would be understated as we all know, then outdoor rides would be higher TSS .

As a long term watcher of my metrics through TP it has me not believing the results from a Zwift ride. I wont go into specific right now, anyone else having similar thoughts/insight.

age is just a number after your name
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift & inflated TSS [AussieMikeinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well if your VI and NP are inflated then that's going to lead to a larger TSS and IF, so that's where the problem lies. Do your AP values look reasonably normal then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The file I get from Zwift has the same power and duration as my Garmin 810.

Of course I'm using my own power meter as the power source. If your numbers are inflated over outdoor rides could it be because you are rarely coasting on your trainer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you using an external power meter in Zwift? If so, I can't see how your TSS is overinflated, short of the variability of indoor training vs outdoor as it relates to your ability to put out a given FTP inside vs outdoors. Now if you are using z-power or any kind of power estimation, then yes any type of measurement can be over/understated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only way it should be false is if the power you are using has been modified or inflated some how. I almost always have more TSS for time spent on the indoor trainer because there are no real breaks or letting up like there is outdoors.
Quote Reply