Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would.

Boy am I upset. I was in my LBS Monday at 10 when he called Zipp and they said they would ship my clincher
tires 2 day, so they would be in Wed for me to get my bike. So, I was being good and did not call and bug my LBS
yesterday. So, I call my LBS this morning to find status on my bike, and he says he does not have them yet and would call
Zipp to get a tracking number. Well, he just called me back and said Zipp screwed up and they are still in shipping.
Wow, this is terrible. They are now supposed to send them to my LBS over night. Sure is not giving me much time to
train on the new wheels.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

The entire ST community is deeply saddened by this. Thanks for sharing.

;-)

Jodi

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [Jodi] [ In reply to ]

That was classic!

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [Jodi] [ In reply to ]

In Reply To:
The entire ST community is deeply saddened by this. Thanks for sharing.

;-)

Jodi
Did I just feel the earth stop spinning for a moment?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

Dude, they are clinchers. You mount them up and ride in 10 minutes. We're not talking about a 3-5 day gluing and break-in process here.

Chris

Thanks for caring.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

TIRES???? You are bitching about TIRES??? Good lord.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com

After watching American Idol last night and seeing African children homeless with dead parents, wandering around trash piles and suffering from Malaria, your rant just makes me laugh and shake my head!

Oh well... such is life.

Why do you need to train on them, they're race wheels aren't they? Oh, to get used to the 5mph faster you will be going at all times...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)

1. Order earlier next time. If you have to 2 day something to get it in time, then maybe you waited too long.

2. They are tires, you don't need to 'train' on them. WOuld have sucked if you got them on time and rode them a lot and ruined (flatted or something) before the race.

3. Sometimes people and companies make mistakes. A good company/person admits this and fixes it. Sounds like Zipp is doing this.

You got Zipp ZedTechs (sp?) in clinchers?!
I'm amazed they made them for you.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]

You seem surprised...

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
Oh, to get used to the 5mph faster you will be going at all times...

5mph? Don't be silly! That's attributable to the 200mm cranks, not the tires. The tires are only 1-2 mph tops.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]

In Reply To:
You seem surprised...
Not enough coffee this AM.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com

B O O H O O

Seriously, mount some old tires and be quiet.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.

That's just a sign from God telling you that you really should be running Continetals.

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [Trigirlpink] [ In reply to ]

Good to know you have american idol to give you some perspective on life :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]

Yeah, but this is h2Ofun. We all care, right?

This is immensely maddening and saddening news and I am asking for a day of reflection on this matter. However large my or the world's problems might be, please know that they pale in comparison to yours. Please accept my family and I's greatest, most hearfelt sympathies as you try to deal with not having your tires today. I hope that UPS and Zipp can make this happen tomorrow so that this long national nightmare can come to an end.

I find it ironic the you claim to be doing MORE with LESS when you have Zedtec wheels. When someone with 32 spoke wheels passes you are you then doing LESS with MORE?

We are all free to purchase as many do-dads as we like, but it just seems to go against doing MORE with LESS. If you end up with the coolest bike out there but the least trained engine, does your saying change to "doing the LEAST with the MOST"?

Seriously, lighten up. You kept freaking posting forever how you needed to sell your z99s or 999s to get the zedtec's. Maybe you should have thought about the tires too. When you expect something shipped to you the same week as your race, you should expect to be SOL. Shame on you for calling out Zipp on ST just because they didn't drop everything to service you perfectly!

If it is so important, then go to Performance and get a set of Michilen Pro 2 Races. Those things are fast.

Jump in your car (the expensive one, not the one you use to claim that you don't spend money on cars) and go for a drive round the lake to cool off. When you get back you'll probably realize that you can always stick some crappy 100 dollar tires on your 5000 dollar wheels and they'll still go round. If you still haven't stopped crying, go pet your unicorn for a bit...

Re: Zipp did NOT ship my tires like they said they would. [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]

((shudder)) zedtech clinchers, the horror

tell me at least you have some swanky latex tubes, right? Cuz you know the rolling resistance benefit of clinchers is basically wiped out if you use butyl - E

It's a tough room here. Now over at BT there'd be hugs a plenty.

Well shit, there goes your entire season.

You're a high maintenance customer. I bet when all is said and done Zipp will be giving you another set of wheels just to get rid of you. :-)

Prev Next