Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp decals....Looks
Quote | Reply
Question: My wife was looking at my Zipp 808's and said why are the decals so big and obnoxious. Do you think Zipp wheels look better without Zipp decals?... Any pics.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp decals....Looks [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
personally I like them...they're HAWT!! I have a question on zipp decals too. I rented a pair of 606's at IMCDA through racedaywheels.com the decal seemed all yellowd, I wondered if this was normal. He said that they had only been ridden 6 times. Strange I thought!!
==========================
http://www.ironm4n.blogspot.com

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp decals....Looks [tri_gear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yellowing is typical on some of the earlier baked decals. The newer wheels use a different decal that doesn't yellow. Mine are '06 and haven't yellowed.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp decals....Looks [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an 06 pair of 404's and the front had the sticker under the clear coat and the rear had them above. All the ones that I have seen, incuding my front, with the sticker under the clear will most likely have this issue. They also occationally turn brown in many spots, also on my front wheel. I have sent the front back for a new rim, as it is only 2.5 months old, and hope that they do not just stick a sticker on top of the other one and call it fixed.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp decals....Looks [ajh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At first I ordered 606's tubies in June. When I went to my LBS to pick them up the front wheel was yellow the back was fine. I Knew about the yellow thing thanks to the posts on ST. I informed my LBS owner as he new nothing about this. He asked how I knew about the yellow thing. I told him he needs to get on ST. He said, I will send the wheels back. So I changed to 808's tubies no problems look great, bright white. I had a bike crash in July and broke the front wheel. I'm going to pick up my fixed wheel today. You can bet I will be looking at the decals. If they were fixed at Zipp I'm sure they will be fine. But I was looking at a post of a bike with the decals removed and it looked sweet. Plus my what my wife said. I kinda of like them(decals) but my Kalibur might look sweet without them.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Sep 1, 06 9:37
Quote Reply