Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Wheel Bag
Quote | Reply
I am shopping for a wheel bag(s) for my Zipp 606's. I am looking for something to protect the wheels while traveling to races, storing them, etc.. I thought someone on this site mentioned they saw some Zipp bags at Interbike. Does anyone know where/when these will be available? If not, any recommendations for a good bag(s)? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Wheel Bag [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're talking soft bags, they're pretty much all alike. If you want a hard "suitcase" style wheelbag (for flying, etc), Tri-All-3 makes a pretty nice one from what I've seen. I've never owned a hard wheelbag, so this is just from seeing others' bags and pictures on the internet.

Take it for what it's worth...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Wheel Bag [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Campy wheel bags are really nice. They have rubber bumpers at the hub area, and a pocket in them too...not much, yet a bit nicer than the Mavic and other wheel bags I have had.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Wheel Bag [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you say that as my mavic bags are padded and have a zippered pocket. They also have the hub plastic protectors. The Campi bags I have are just nylon with a small piece of velcro for the pocket, basically the same as the Louis Garneau bags.

Scott McNamee
Cranks Bicycle Shoppe
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Wheel Bag [cdnbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last Mavic bag I had was about 10+ years ago...probably changed them

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Wheel Bag [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a modern soft wheelbad that didn't have some sort of protection at the axle (although I think this is more for the bag than the wheel) and a pocket for the skewer. Henc why I said they're all more or less the same.

*Except for Akona - their foray into the wheelbag market shows "almost" enough understanding - yielding a nice bag that only fits 650 wheels, or 700 with the tyres deflated. Works for me, but not for you 700c folk.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply