Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 404 or 606
Quote | Reply
I've narrowed my choices down to the 404 or the 606. I'm after 1 wheelset for all conditions. This includes all distances incl. Kona, and hilly/mountain races. Wheels may also get occasional road race usage. I'm leaning towards the 606 but would the 404 be better (lighter) for hilly races and road races.

Before you ask, I'm going with tubs... I've already got clincher wheels but want lighter and more aero choices.

Whats the general view 606 ev. time or 404 for weight saving and all round use?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 or 606 [sticky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GO WITH THE 606. THEY ARENT TO DEEP LIKE THE 808 AND DEEPER THAN THE 404. THEY WOULD BE PERFECT FOR ALL CONDITIONS!!

Youngest American Competitor
2007 Ford Ironman 70.3 World Championship
http://www.stephengroden.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 or 606 [tri09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 606 is an 808 in back and a 404 up front, so your comment doesn't really make sense. I would agree however, that the 606 setup is probably the best choice for the OP. I would also look at a atraight 808 set too. My philosophy is that unless the course is rediculously hilly I will always want the 808 on the back and would go either 303, 404, or 808 on front.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My two cents, get the 606s. I race 808s and have 404s for training. Replace the 808 front with the 404 when winds are over 25 mph. 606s are a great compromise.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go with the 606's ...808 in the rear and a 404 in the front. You get the best combo for almost all riding conditions. The 808 is almost like having a Disc and the 404 in the front does not present any handling issues, unless you are riding in extreme wind conditions. You won't be disappointed with the 404's either ..great all round wheel. I have owned 2 sets ..and love them. I just went with a set of 808's.

Another option could be a set of 404's and a Disc. I had that combo for years and it covered pretty much any racing scenario.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply