Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 303 conversion from 10 to 11 how much re-dish
Quote | Reply
I picked up a used set of zipp 303s from a buddy. I forgot to check if they were 11 speed compatible. Oh well got them on the cheap and they are convertible. I'm ok with a wrench and I see I can buy an 11 speed freebody and change it out but it says I will need to re-dish the wheel

How much re-dish are we talking about ? Is it more like all new spoke length re- dish or more like a half turn per spoke drive side non drive side. I don't mind doing a little re-dish and I'm ok with a 6 pack at my LBS for a little light labor if I get into a little trouble just trying to figure out if its worth the hassle to ship the whole wheel into someone to do or if I can squeak by making it buy as a home project.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 303 conversion from 10 to 11 how much re-dish [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a way to use those wheels with a shimano 11-speed drivetrain without any re-dishing at all. What size cassette do you use?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 303 conversion from 10 to 11 how much re-dish [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably an 11-23. I already have some Shimano cassettes from some other wheels. I know I can do that campy trick but I'd have to buy a cassette then.

The conversion hub is $190, a campy 11 speed cassette is about the same isn't it ?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 303 conversion from 10 to 11 how much re-dish [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the simple trick we wrote about here. Many folks have tried it, it works great.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Oct 4, 14 15:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check to make sure what year the hub is if you are upgrading as there are a few variants. I updated the DT Swiss on my Enve earlier this year and it was super easy. The Zipp hubs are a bit more work.

'For the re-dish I brought it to my local LBS...$10 and a few passess of slight twists and he had it good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 303 conversion from 10 to 11 how much re-dish [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. I think I've got an 11-25 on a wheel. I'll give it a try.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, just make sure it's a shimano 11-speed 11-25 cassette.

--
Quote Reply