Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zero layback carbon seatpost
Quote | Reply
For fit reasons, I'm looking at putting a zero layback post on my C'dale CAAD5. Looking at aluminium, consensus appears to be the Thompson, but carbon is less clear.

A couple of questions:

1) What zero layback carbon posts are available? (all I can find thus far is "Pazazz, ex Taiwan on eBay - all the big names seem to have some layback, maybe the USE looks to be "least" laid back)

2) The carbon thought isn't really weight-driven but more trying to slightly quieten down the harshness (both audible and in feel) of Alu. Of course a relatively short post stick-up on a non-compact bike isn't going to change my world, but do you guys think I'd notice any difference at all between a Thompson and carbon?

Thanks, Phil / UK

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights"
Quote Reply
Re: Zero layback carbon seatpost [Fizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Syncros makes one, just got it one on ebay for my wife's felt. Serotta has one on their website, but I don't see it in their catalog. You might feel a difference, especially if you think you will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
corima makes a carbon post. it is reversible, so it may be laid back, but if you can reverse it and then move the seat back a bit, i think you'll get the same thing.

good luck.

-kevin

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woodman makes one. We just got it in about 10 mins. ago. It is very affordable. Should retail for about 69.99. Let me know if you need one.
www.woodmancomponents.com
Shawn

"Nothing in life ever just happens. Calculated progression insures your strength."
Shawn Spencer
Bike Cycles
Wilmington, NC
http://www.bikecycleshop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Campagnolo Record
Quote Reply