Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ZIPP DISC - Pump Access
Quote | Reply
OK, so I just got my first ZIPP Disc (part of the 909 package). There is an adaptor valve that came with it for tire inflation. My pump won't fit directly on the valve stem. Is this adaptor the only option (heard it referred to as a crack pipe)? Is there some trick to holding the adaptor on while trying to pump the tire to recommended PSI?

Living in the Pacific Northwest, chances are good that I'll be racing in the rain at some point. Are there any issues with racing on the 909s in the rain?

Thanks,

Mike H.
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP DISC - Pump Access [hickson112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rack%20pipe;#1207434

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like your disc is broken : ) Please ship it to me immediately. I'll repair it for free and even test ride it over a few thousand miles and then ship it back to you at your cost. : ) All I need to get started is all your credit card info and bank account numbers.

Seriously - the crack pipe is easy to use. I put mine permanently onto my pump (remove the original one and mount the pipe onto the hose). One hand on the pipe and valve, the other hand on the pump and I can get up to 200psi into it.

There should be no issues in the rain. Some people cover the valve hole with eletrical tape.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the "adaptor valve" you speak of is the crack pipe (that's what came with my 909 setup) Anyway, I just pushed that little sucker directly into my pumps valve head (specialized pump) and use the crack pipe exclusively now.

Also, you propbably want to make sure you have a Co2 pump head that fits inside the disc cut out sooner then later... Sometimes they are difficult to find when you need it for the race which is tomorrow;-)
Last edited by: TGL: Mar 17, 07 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP DISC - Pump Access [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. I'll just have to practice with it. It will also be interesting to see what happens out on the road if I flat and have to use my CO2 inflator. Looks like I'll need to keep a crack pipe with me at all times (never thought I'd be saying that).

Mike H.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My CO2 inflator works fine without the crack pipe. I use one of the really small ones from innovations in cycling.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a genuine "Innovations Microflate." It's angled and works well on all wheels. It's also tiny, so that it packs well on race day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is easiest done with two people! One holds pipe on, other pumps.
Tom
Quote Reply