Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You thought your brick workout was tough
Quote | Reply
Cam Wurf ran a half marathon AFTER finishing Paris Roubaix.

1:26:55

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: You thought your brick workout was tough [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually my brick workouts are fairly mild compared to many of you lunatics....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: You thought your brick workout was tough [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for him preparing for IM. However, as far as a functioning domestique for his team leader (Ganna), he did a terrible job and was really lacking the fitness to function as a support cyclist at this level (he admits it himself on his IG) perhaps he was able to fetch a water bottle or two. But at the end of the day, Ineos could have used a more competent cyclist to support Ganna at the front of the race like Alpecin did.
Quote Reply
Re: You thought your brick workout was tough [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Good for him preparing for IM. However, as far as a functioning domestique for his team leader (Ganna), he did a terrible job and was really lacking the fitness to function as a support cyclist at this level (he admits it himself on his IG) perhaps he was able to fetch a water bottle or two. But at the end of the day, Ineos could have used a more competent cyclist to support Ganna at the front of the race like Alpecin did.

I don't think that's what Ineos uses Wurf for. He's an excellent domestique for putting out steady power at the front for many km's. I'm sure he did work protecting Ganna in the field before the big names started attacking. He also was riding steady behind to give a wheel or perhaps some work to help pull him back up some if needed.

Either way, absolutely insane to do that kind of run after Roubiax. His legs must be totally shelled.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Last edited by: theyellowcarguy: Apr 10, 23 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: You thought your brick workout was tough [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I posted in another thread:
I am wondering if there is any public reaction from the team?

"Very spectacular from Cam Wurf indeed.
I wonder what his team mates / team coaches & directors think about it though. I don't think Ineos had the best of days in Roubaix (early crash leading the peloton, Ganna isolated early), so not sure how they think about one of the riders still going for such a run afterwards.

Anyway, he's a legend, love it!"

It doesn't get easier, you just get slower
https://mymsracesironman.home.blog/
Quote Reply