Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You know you are deep into training when....
Quote | Reply
- While you are just sitting on the couch, a trickle of water comes out of your ear from your swim....two days ago

- part of your workout log says "successfully executed a snot rocket that didn't land on my shoulder"

- you pull up after your 5th interval on the stationary trainer at the gym, headphones on, and spew out the sweat in your mouth that has been dripping down your face only to realize there are other people around

- you look down at the blister at the end of your toe and whisper quietly "hello old friend"

- while getting ready to do yard work, you pop 2 salt tabs, strap on your fuel belt, and grab your camelbak bottle

- you are equal parts envious and disgusted at watching a cooking show on TV that is highlighting a donut cheeseburger

- the answer to anything that anyone asks you to do that is even remotely fun is "can't...i've got a long run/swim/bike early tomorrow"

any more that I missed?
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are deep into training when.... [trytri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah snot rockets that fail to clear the tower, requiring deployment of the cycling glove abort mode.

When your cycling gloves stink and require washing in bleach.

What's this about not swimming for 2 days?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed the new episode of "People of Earth" cuz I couldn't stay up past 10:30pm
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are deep into training when.... [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert What's this about not swimming for 2 days?![/quote wrote:

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The veins in your arms are pronounced enough that you could get 12 gauge need in them. You can also suddenly see a vein...in your thigh.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are deep into training when.... [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I missed the new episode of "People of Earth" cuz I couldn't stay up past 10:30pm
All of the good shows are on after my bed time.

An eye opener for me was last year when my birthday fell on a Saturday three weeks before my IM. My husband asked me what I wanted to do that weekend, and I told him my training schedule. I forgot it was my birthday until he reminded me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you are on your 4th meal of the day, and you look at MFP to see if you have had enough calories for the day.

When you only have an hour lunch and have to wear your swim trunks under your work clothes instead of underwear to lessen the waste of time of changing.

When you have all the gear necessary in the trunk of your car to be able to do any workout given a 5 min heads up.
Last edited by: KingMidas: Jul 25, 17 10:56
Quote Reply