Login required to post replies

You guys are ruining me.
Quote | Reply
I get up at 530 am to workout.

I do two-a-days a lot.

I smell like chlorine.

I love bricks.

I love hills.

I want another bike (and I've only had my first road bike for a week).

I'd rather be in bed by 10pm than out of the house at 10pm.

I think feeling exhausted and barely able to move means progress.

I hope to pee on my bike one day.

I know what a "taint" is.

I think puking after a run might actually be cool.

And - worst of all - I think I want to do an IM.

Thanks a lot!

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are ruining me. [noob411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha, I know, they made me wanna do an IM too. Well... I wanted to do it before I found ST, but... afterwards, I knew I HAD to do one.

Also, I blame them for my pr0n bike lusting. Cervelo - Drool.

Course, I drool over the Dual's as I know I can't afford the top-dollar ho's (P3C).

And, it's scary how we learn various body parts around here isn't it?

Trae

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are ruining me. [occy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stoopid STers. I was perfectly happy, sittin' on my ass, whining about my boring life, and now I've gone and done something about it! ;-)

My knowledge of body parts and bodily functions is staggering...and yet none of my friends are impressed.

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about taking a dump in the middle of your run in someone's yard?
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are ruining me. [damn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh shit (ha). I forgot that one. Yeah, I also feel completely justified dropping my drawers in public if it means I can finish my run. THANKS EVEN MORE!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk about being ruined, here's what I wonder--does anybody here actually WORK?? Not work out, but work, like in an office, like for money. I personally am having a really hard time getting ANY work done since I discovered ST, because all it takes is one interesting subject line, and I'm caught. I tell myself, "I'll just check and see what's going on in the ST forum while my document is printing." Then forty-five minutes, maybe an hour later, I realize shit, I need to be billing some time here. I'm a lawyer and I have a billable hour goal, and thanks to you guys, I rarely meet it anymore, and it's not gonna be a pretty scene at the end of the FY if I don't get myself back on track.

OTOH, I have been awed and inspired today by Bosco's cancer story and the support and concern with which people here responded. I now know about Tegaderm for road rash. And I am the happy owner of a pair of Power Cranks that I bought because Frank Day responded to my post about a sprained ankle.

I find myself thinking, "So what if I don't make my billable hour goal? The world won't end."

'Course, somebody may need to remind me I said that when I don't get a raise and can't buy a new bike because of it. You people are such a bad influence!!

Susan
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are ruining me. [susanherself] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Talk about being ruined, here's what I wonder--does anybody here actually WORK?? [/reply]

Well, I can tell you that as a summer intern, I have been "less than productive." I hope to be over ST by the time I have to get a real job again. YAY! I've got 5 more years of ST!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have clearly moved well beyond noob status.

Quote | Reply
at times i have wondered what the hell has happened to me after discovering slowtwitch. there are people who actually call me Kitty--including my husband. and, he got the biggest kick out my new car--he was telling everyone, "kittycat is driving a jag", he thought that was hilarious.

and, i used to be someone who scowled at planning ahead and insisted on living here in the moment. now i'm already planning out next summer. WTF?!

and the work thing? yeah, i estimate i would make 15-20% more money if i didn't hang out here so much. that's kind of sad, isn't it. HAHAHA!!! but the training friends I've made, and people I've met have made up for it three times over. :P

Oh, and another thing...when we move, we're hoping to score this house that has an 8 car garage (I know, I know...my husband and his hobby) that will be listed at a great price. my husband has already agreed that one of the garages will be a training room, complete with rollers, weights, bosu balls, etc. the funny thing is that when he first brought this house to my attention I was saying "ok, but I'm making one into a wine garage". funny how that's recently changed into a training room...lol. and (here comes the corny vision), all of the local slowtwitchers can get togehter regularlly in the winter to train and have fun. (sick, I know...LOL!)
Last edited by: kittycat: Aug 20, 05 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are ruining me. [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]You have clearly moved well beyond noob status.[/reply]

I would take that and run with it, but I haven't done my first race yet....guess that knocks me back down to noob.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can only be ruined if you want to be ruined.....and crapping in someones yard is better than crapping in your shorts.......

"US NAVY DIVERS GO DEEPER AND STAY LONGER"
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are ruining me. [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]crapping in someones yard is better than crapping in your shorts.......[/reply]

You'd probably have to ask the owner of the yard about that one...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you could always take it with you in a baggie....oh great, another thing to carry during a race,,,a poop bag!

"US NAVY DIVERS GO DEEPER AND STAY LONGER"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]you could always take it with you in a baggie....oh great, another thing to carry during a race,,,a poop bag![/reply]

I wonder if we could add a pocket on the belt for the poop bag?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good idea...

the "poopie pocket"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]good idea...

the "poopie pocket"[/reply]

LOL! And since it came out of you, keeping it on you doesn't really add any extra weight.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes,,its just recylcled gu and power bars!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a tip from the big wall climbers. Years ago they used to toss "shit bags" off the face from however many hundred meters up. Now they carry Nalgene bottles with kitty litter and crap in those.

If you build an extra pocket into your Fuel Belt, just be damned sure of which one you grab when you need a hit!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply