Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA
Quote | Reply
Very well made - amazing race - very entertaining!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCo82qyhXMw
Last edited by: Mulen: Dec 9, 23 21:32
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch absolutely smashes it with the cinematic edition videos. It was shameful that Sam Long beat him in the PTO vote. Daniel/Mitch are level with Lucy/Holly in terms of content and that is only behind Eric/Paula/TTL and then Lionel/Talbot.
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Mitch absolutely smashes it with the cinematic edition videos. It was shameful that Sam Long beat him in the PTO vote. Daniel/Mitch are level with Lucy/Holly in terms of content and that is only behind Eric/Paula/TTL and then Lionel/Talbot.

No way. Mitch's editing is in the top league and Daniel's personality is more entertaining than Lucy and TTL, imo. Not close, either.

Lucy's videos haven't improved over the years and lately have been either sponsor videos or mildly interesting monologues.

TTL has nice scenery, some coffee shots, and not much excitement in the new formats. Good before bed, but not the entertainment factor of Mitch/Daniel.

I'd rank the channels as Daniel >>> Sebi/Laura/Lionel/Lucy/TTL > Knibb/Ruth/HollyL > the rest
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why discuss who makes "the best" content, it will always be subjective! Just enjoy the channels you like!

I think Daniel & Mitch sets a new standard here, on attitude, editing, content, entertainment-value overall.

For me, I am over the Sanders/Long shows, it´s just been too monotonous for too long now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That bottle down the front acts as a fairing, yeah?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoah, nice

How does mitch get so many shots? Splicing them all is already a feat
Last edited by: Lacticturkey: Dec 10, 23 1:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that his are on par with the best if not the best.

I wish he didn't drop so many fbombs or beeped them as my kids like to watch these. Occasionally as emotions run high I'm not bothered as my kids obviously know it's part of life. But he perhaps uses them a bit too gratuitously (ya, I realize it's not as frequent as it could be).

So he's not one I've subscribed to for that reason as my kids like to follow them all, but I'd rather not have fbombs become 2nd nature for their response when looking for a filler word.
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't disagree and I understand your POV.

Daniel is Danish and in Denmark there is no such thing (with the current generation) as fbombs. 'Fuck' is used liberally and nobody bats an eye

Lurker4 wrote:
I agree that his are on par with the best if not the best.

I wish he didn't drop so many fbombs or beeped them as my kids like to watch these. Occasionally as emotions run high I'm not bothered as my kids obviously know it's part of life. But he perhaps uses them a bit too gratuitously (ya, I realize it's not as frequent as it could be).

So he's not one I've subscribed to for that reason as my kids like to follow them all, but I'd rather not have fbombs become 2nd nature for their response when looking for a filler word.
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you're from the US?

In most European countries, cursing around/by kids like that is not a big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turns out most of these Europeans go on and become high-quality citizens, just like Daniel himself, even with all the swearing and cursing 😊

BigBoyND wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for sharing that. very entertaining. great music
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

I never swear at home in front of the kids or at work but when I'm with mates or a group ride it's like an avalanche where I can hardly string a sentence together without every second word being a f bomb..
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

Yeah, it's considered pretty ignorant if you curse in front of kids or teenagers in the U.S. I don't know other areas, but at least where I live. Anyway. I really enjoyed the video and it made me smile. I miss him stomping the finish tape. I wish he does that again one day. I loved this ego and arrogance when he did that. He looks sharp, fit and fast. Can't believe he still had a lot of energy after he crossed the finish line. Quality is really good, but I'm still a fan of Talbot/LS videos. Talbot can shoot and edit great videos.
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [gunna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gunna wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
I never swear at home in front of the kids or at work but when I'm with mates or a group ride it's like an avalanche where I can hardly string a sentence together without every second word being a f bomb..
I'm going to suggest that this a bit a second language thing. I reckon that if Bækkegård was doing these live chat snippets in Danish, the language he would use is not littered with expletives/sweary words. Do his mother and father appreciate the 'fillers' he uses, I wonder? Does he care?
And as for 'I only swear with my mates, not at work' line, entirely empathise, to an extent, but these videos are 'his workplace'. Does this level of swearing make the videos more authentic or does it reduce his reach? I don't know. Does depend on the target audience. Maybe 'Mitch' thinks that this level of swearing is about right.
Quote Reply
Re: You´re gonna want to watch this new Bækkegård flick from IMWA [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am Danish and I can tell you that Daniel´s wording (and use of fbombs) are just the same, when he is interviewed in Danish :)
I have no (personal) issue with this whatsoever, this how his (and pretty much any other) generation expresses themselves nowadays.

Here is Daniel in a Danish (post IMWA) podcast, where they actually address this. He is but 13 seconds into the interview before he says "FUCKING" for the first time 🤣🤣🤣

Now, I live in Spain and swearing here is even (puto) worse, but nobody cares :)

T

Ajax Bay wrote:
gunna wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

I'm going to suggest that this a bit a second language thing. I reckon that if Bækkegård was doing these live chat snippets in Danish, the language he would use is not littered with expletives/sweary words. Do his mother and father appreciate the 'fillers' he uses, I wonder? Does he care?
And as for 'I only swear with my mates, not at work' line, entirely empathise, to an extent, but these videos are 'his workplace'. Does this level of swearing make the videos more authentic or does it reduce his reach? I don't know. Does depend on the target audience. Maybe 'Mitch' thinks that this level of swearing is about right.

Last edited by: Mulen: Dec 11, 23 5:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's probably generational more than anything. My wife and I are both Millennial parents in the U.S. and we swear a LOT around each other, compared to our parents. We try and censor ourselves in front of our kids but lets just say a lot of stuff slips through. It is very low on my list of important things when it comes to properly raising my kids to be quality adults.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a good video. The filmmaker should team with someone with more personality like Lionel whose video quality has dropped a lot in the past year or so.
Quote Reply