Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wing 57 visor issue
Quote | Reply
My helmet is less than a year old and one of the plastic tabs that holds the visor is broken. I called rudy and really got no where. They wanted 25$ for a new visor and I had to send in the broken one. I don't want to be w/o the visor for a week or 2.

From what I saw on google this looks like a common issue with the visor.
Anyone have a good suggestion? I really don't want to spend the money on another visor. I was hoping they would stand behind their 500$ helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 visor issue [pedal-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a less then satisfactory customer service experience with Rudy customer service a couple of years ago. The pads in my helmet were coming apart at the seams. They wanted me to send the helmet to them for inspection. Of course I could not be without my helmet for that period of time so I was told the only thing I could do for was buy and new set of pads for $20.00 plus shipping. I talked the guy into selling me the pads for $10.00 and no shipping cost. When I was at IMTX this year I told the Rudy rep and he could not believe I got poor service like that. End of story is, they lost me as a customer. I wear Bontrager now and I am very satisfied with the product and you cannot beat their warranty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pedal-boy wrote:
My helmet is less than a year old and one of the plastic tabs that holds the visor is broken. I called rudy and really got no where. They wanted 25$ for a new visor and I had to send in the broken one. I don't want to be w/o the visor for a week or 2.

From what I saw on google this looks like a common issue with the visor.
Anyone have a good suggestion? I really don't want to spend the money on another visor. I was hoping they would stand behind their 500$ helmet.

Is the helmet faster w/o a visor anyway. I would just skip it. Fwiw, I have always had good CS experience with them.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 visor issue [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me the visor is better than sunglasses, earflaps pinch my head with sunglasses on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lost my helmet on a plane (but had the visor in my gear bag). I replaced the helmet... now I have an extra visor. PM me if you're interested.

They have a lot of 25-50% deals every other week. You could replace it with a different (cooler) visor.
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 visor issue [B Bartels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess my point is dont call it a life time warranty. Just tell the customer upfront
that if it breaks you will have to pay for a new on, kind of a scam to me. But thanks for the offer. Your car has a lifetime warranty but if something breaks you will have to pay for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you ... That's why I was offering

At least you didn't lose your helmet (used once) but have an extra visor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've introduced a new visor solution for the Wing57 specifically for that reason: you can go here: http://www.e-rudy.com/en/freevisor - and get a free visor for shipping and handling. More info here: http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/press/?p=9376
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing and they sent me a new visor free of charge, and even overnighted it because I had a race that weekend. Full disosure, I have a pro deal with them, but that's still pretty amazing customer service in my book. Definitely don't have any plans to switch anytime soon and I'm looking forward to trying the new flip up visor.
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 visor issue [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link, I just ordered one. My visor broke last weekend again. I wonder how they found this thread from 2015?
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 visor issue [RudyProjectNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they doing anything similar in the UK ... ? :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply