Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Windtunnel: questions for aerogeek
Quote | Reply
Hello

I'm going to the windtunnel for the second time looking for some answer.

1. I would like to determine which bike between my slice black and my P3 could the best choice for me for Kona this year.
I have exactly (almost exactly..) the same position on the two bikes.
I was wondering to test first the slice with his old easton attack front end then to switch the front end with the one of the P3 (3T brezza Ltd) (I would have removed all the cable to let just fake cable sheath in place like the last time... it works perfectly).
Then I will put the P3 with the the easton and after that with the 3T (last time I already change the aerobar it took less than 2').
BUT if I will test at 40km/h, 180w I'm not sure about the yaw angle... Last time we test only 10° for the all session. What could be the most representativ yaw angle(s) for me (between 5h15-5h30 depends on the wind in Kona) to see if there is a difference between the two bikes... Please let me know your mind...

2. I will test some aerosuit with 2 riders 40km/h, 180w, 10° (Zerod TTsuit, Compressport, Castelli Stealth T1, Bioracer, Zoot aerosuit, Virklon)

3. I will test some helmets with 2 heads position same datas (Wing57, Bambino, Sworks TT, Speedairo)

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Windtunnel: questions for aerogeek [Kealla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just stumbled across this thread looking for some data on the sleeved tops... I have a Virklon half sleeve top and I'm thinking about wearing that over a sleeveless tri suit during the bike. Do you think there are significant aero benefits to these tops? Worth the extra layers in the heat vs. sun protection, etc?

Thanks!
Last edited by: tmoyer984: Apr 13, 16 7:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kealla wrote:
Hello

I'm going to the windtunnel for the second time looking for some answer.

1. I would like to determine which bike between my slice black and my P3 could the best choice for me for Kona this year.
I have exactly (almost exactly..) the same position on the two bikes.
I was wondering to test first the slice with his old easton attack front end then to switch the front end with the one of the P3 (3T brezza Ltd) (I would have removed all the cable to let just fake cable sheath in place like the last time... it works perfectly).
Then I will put the P3 with the the easton and after that with the 3T (last time I already change the aerobar it took less than 2').
BUT if I will test at 40km/h, 180w I'm not sure about the yaw angle... Last time we test only 10° for the all session. What could be the most representativ yaw angle(s) for me (between 5h15-5h30 depends on the wind in Kona) to see if there is a difference between the two bikes... Please let me know your mind...

2. I will test some aerosuit with 2 riders 40km/h, 180w, 10° (Zerod TTsuit, Compressport, Castelli Stealth T1, Bioracer, Zoot aerosuit, Virklon)

3. I will test some helmets with 2 heads position same datas (Wing57, Bambino, Sworks TT, Speedairo)

Thank you

Why are you testing at 40km/H?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which Wind tunnel?
Quote Reply
Re: Windtunnel: questions for aerogeek [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello

I was in Magny Cours (France) with Aero Concept engineering.
Got a lot of answers about all the products and position.
I will post it one thing after an other in a website (in french but still the watts are the watts so you may understand even if you don't speak french.
Website opening in 1-2 weeks. almost done

Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did the Virklon do?
Quote Reply
Re: Windtunnel: questions for aerogeek [GAUG3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was the best.
Better than Zoot, Zerod ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good to hear. do you have a website to the data?
Quote Reply
Re: Windtunnel: questions for aerogeek [GAUG3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It s under construction
You can check http://www.wetest.fr
In french and for now only 2014 helmets are online but the rest will follow soon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woah.

Quote Reply
Re: Windtunnel: questions for aerogeek [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:
Woah.

"Holy test section blockage factor, Batman!"

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply