Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wildflower
Quote | Reply
This has been my first season in triathlon, but I've read/heard alot about Wildflower...how it's sort of the "Woodstock of Triathlon". I know registration opens on Dec. 1, and I'm wondering if it's really one of those "don't miss" races. I'm guessing it sells out fast, so any feedback from anyone who's done it? Dave? Ironclm?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was supposed to be a Woodstock of Triathlon but last year they tamed it down a LOT. Probably a better race in some ways but not very exciting except for the actual race. And topless girls, none:( It's still a killer course but it sure wasn't what we were expecting. Ask around though, I still think it was a fun race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a point of view of a guy that doesn't compete in the US.. Escape of Alcatraz seems to be on the top and Wildflower comes second.

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wildflower is on my "wish list", along with Roth and Hawaii (been there done that :P)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done two of the three races offered at Wildflower. The scene is unbelieveable! There's about 6000 like-minded people in one small area. Everyone is talking to everone about everything from wheels to nutrition. the pros will talk to anyone. It's an awesome scene. The races:

Oly last year- Hot as a Mofo! 95 when I got into the water. Great race - Massive hill coming out of transition. Lots of fun for a race knowing I had a seven hour drive ahead of me after.

Long course this year - Longest race of my life. nutrition probllems not the bike. Couldn't run until about mile 9 on the run. Longest day in sport ever. Didn't respect the course as I'd done Ralph's six weeks before and figured that it would be a piece of cake. I had my piece of cake and yacked it up too. ;-)

Amazing scenes each year. Fewer volunteers this year over last. Still it's everything you could want in a race - Flat water, too many hills, and a TOUGH run.

Hope this helps.

Jason

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone should do WF once.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as it was three or more years ago. I did it every year for 6 years straight but no more. I know it sounds cliche, but that race has lost its soul (ok the naked chicks too!). Seems more like a corporate marketing event now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's one of those events you should do once like the Bay to Breakers race. It is a great race venue but a challenging course.

Quote | Reply
Wildflower is a blast! I think I've done it 6 or 7 times now. A great place to bring your family if they enjoy camping and being outdoors!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done it once at it was awesome even though it was pouring rain leading up to race day. Usually it is hot, so be prepared for both.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wildflower found Jesus...or did Jesus find Wildflower? Whatever, its just not as much fun as it once was.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply