Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wildflower 2016
Quote | Reply
Trying to get some registration and camping info for WF but the registration link is a dead end.

Anyone else having this issue? Or am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [kscheiris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It hasn't opened yet. Last year they opened registration in December.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [spool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A well informed source privy to internal discussion indicates Wildflower 2016 may or may not happen, due to water levels. Supposedly we should know soon-ish.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
A well informed source privy to internal discussion indicates Wildflower 2016 may or may not happen, due to water levels. Supposedly we should know soon-ish.

They say it is supposed to finally rain this year, but from like Jan - March. So would seem pretty hard to made a decision based on water level until right around race time.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
niccolo wrote:

They say it is supposed to finally rain this year, but from like Jan - March. So would seem pretty hard to made a decision based on water level until right around race time.

I really hope there is enough water to run the race. I found the "split transition" format really was a lot of fun. It took the event out of the "standard" mould into something of a new adventure. i found the experience much more "fun" than my previous 3 trips to Wildflower. Fingers crossed that you guys get a ton of rain (after I leave San Jose next week though) :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been raining the last 24 hours. Was fun swimming in the rain this morning. Deal with covers, nope.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, totally agree with the split run being a different adventure, and kinda fun!

After a beautiful weekend, we have had a half inch of rain in the last twelve hours here in San Jose, and the weatherman is saying another front is going to come through. Not sure how things will be next week, but we sure do need this and you might even see some green around here!
Last edited by: clydecat: Nov 2, 15 8:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
niccolo wrote:

I really hope there is enough water to run the race. I found the "split transition" format really was a lot of fun. It took the event out of the "standard" mould into something of a new adventure. i found the experience much more "fun" than my previous 3 trips to Wildflower. Fingers crossed that you guys get a ton of rain (after I leave San Jose next week though) :-)

There is enough water to run the race, just like last year. They're going to have to make the call without knowing the water situation over the coming months. Even if we get the forecasted El Nino rains, my understanding is that water must actually be diverted to Lake San Antonio, and I don't know whether that's in the cards regardless of precipitation.

And I agree, the swim-run-bike-run thing was actually pretty fun. Some people grumbled, of course, but personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get canceled. My guess: They run it in 2016, but cancel it in future years unless the water situation improves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
niccolo wrote:

There is enough water to run the race, just like last year. They're going to have to make the call without knowing the water situation over the coming months. Even if we get the forecasted El Nino rains, my understanding is that water must actually be diverted to Lake San Antonio, and I don't know whether that's in the cards regardless of precipitation.

And I agree, the swim-run-bike-run thing was actually pretty fun. Some people grumbled, of course, but personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get canceled. My guess: They run it in 2016, but cancel it in future years unless the water situation improves.

Interesting. I thought they had to drain San Antonio a few years back to fix an issue with the generator(s) for hydro power? If so, I can see them diverting any water into that lake.

We all know most do not like any type of format change in our sport. Another issue for many was not the water situation, but the big time increase in the race cost.

Since the race has not filled up in years, would love to see them do something creative like 50% off for any past AG winner.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:

That sucks. Also just heard that Rage in the Sage is cancelled. Soon it will truly be WTC world dominance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
per terry davis: "Wildflower 2016 on April 29-May ."

i hope to be there racing this year as i was last year.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

Which race?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be a shame to lose an iconic race like Wildflower. I did Wildflower last year and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. The atmosphere, the course, the volunteers all made for a great trip. The format was different, and the run course is brutal, but I would without a doubt race it again. I would even venture to say this and Savageman are my top two favorite triathlons I've ever done. They are hard and honest races but their RD and support staff provide nothing but the best experiences. I hope this race is still around in 3 years when I'll be back to being able to travel for races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

You're saying Wildflower 2016 has now been confirmed? That would be great news!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
Slowman wrote:

You're saying Wildflower 2016 has now been confirmed? That would be great news!

If you read the current WF website, that is what it seems to say.

But, no pricing up yet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't wait. I missed 3 years in a row.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kyle h wrote:
It would be a shame to lose an iconic race like Wildflower. I did Wildflower last year and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. The atmosphere, the course, the volunteers all made for a great trip. The format was different, and the run course is brutal, but I would without a doubt race it again. I would even venture to say this and Savageman are my top two favorite triathlons I've ever done. They are hard and honest races but their RD and support staff provide nothing but the best experiences. I hope this race is still around in 3 years when I'll be back to being able to travel for races.

if you want a devilish double. Do WF then 2 weeks later do Auburn Worlds Toughest. AWT is tougher. for me AWT was ~20 minutes slower (should have been more like 15 - I had a terrible run).

I Love 'em both.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Pittsburgh, PA so it's a little out of the question but hopefully that won't be for too much longer.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$750, same as Alcatraz. All triathlons are now $750.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:

They did say they were going to do new pricing. I guess I assumed a direction, but, ... :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

A. Hoping to be racing by next April/May (currently fighting some nerve issues from a 2011 accident)
B. Hoping to race Wildflower LC
C. If not B then St. Croix...as usual same weekend....done both 4x
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:

yikes! where is the defibrillator? Can I self administer?

for that price they need real strippers. none of those WTC wetsuit strippers. And, gold plated bike racks. Anybody wanna give me the winning lottery numbers?

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower 2016 [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fairness, Wildflower is the only race at which I have seen topless women cheering on the athletes. And a lot of naked frat guys.

That's gotta be worth something?

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
niccolo wrote:

Agreed the race as it stands is truly unique. It was already a unique race to begin but the split transition really kicked it up a notch and I loved the format. With that being said, never really understood why bike racking couldn't be moved to the swim if they wanted and just run the race from there.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next