Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wierd ChesapeakeMan email...
Quote | Reply
My buddies got an email today, supposedly from TriColumbia, stating that their entry to the race is not valid. Yet their names appear on the entry list!!! Anyone else get this? Is it valid?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [THENICETWIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ever figure out what the story was behind this? will they be able to race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes that is a weird email. I didn't get anything like that. I got an email that was a link to the web page. I would say that this can be straightened out very easily tonight or friday given the small field in this race. That is a one of the great reasons to support indy races! No worries.

Tyler Earnst

Sweat dries, blood clots, bones heal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am one of I don't know how many who received the e-mail below:

>

I'm sorry to have to inform you that, due to an error in our website

registration system, your entry for the 2006 ChesapeakeMan Triathlon

was completed after the close of race registration, and we therefore

cannot honor your registration for the event.

We understand and appreciate that you registered for the event in good

faith, and we can only offer our most abject apologies for our error.

If it were in any way possible, we would honor your registration;

however, our commitments to the support and regulatory organizations

which make the ChesapeakeMan Triathlon possible leave us unable to

modify the roster of participants in the race after event registration

has closed.

Please be assured that you will receive a refund in the full amount of

your registration fee on your next credit card statement. Again, we

offer our most abject apologies, and ask that you please contact us

with any questions or concerns you have.

Signed:

Website Development

Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [mike15401] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is the email legit? Are you out of the race???

I would be livid.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can see the email my friend received. They are trying to contact Vigo to see what the heck is going on. They actually received confirming emails(receipts) for their entries. Hopefully they will be able to race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Signed: Website Development"

that alone is kind of wierd... wouldn't the RD sign an email like this themselves?

I'm guessing that you'll still be able to race. i sure hope so.

otherwise, you should be able to get a refund on the race fee, hotel and transportation costs, oh, and all the time you spent training.

but here's hoping it's just all a mix-up that gets sorted out today.

-charles
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also received that email. We (Mike & I) are hoping that the race director gets a look at our responses and realizes that we should get in. I don't understand the part about us registering after it closed. We registered on the 21st and I have an email that states registration doesn't close until the 22nd. [reply]
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [timski1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i also got this email. i am quite annoyed by it because i had made rather extensive plans to race. (Coming from cali to MD on friday by way of conneticut for work.)

if anyone is interested I will be going for a "bike ride" on Sunday. You can guess the route ;-) I'll probably be leaving the parking lot around 7-7:15 and wearing a LA Tri Club jersey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys don't need this kind of stuff before a big race!

This is the first Iron-distance for one and the second for the other. They should be preparing to leave at this point NOT worrying whether they are in or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vigo, the race director is a great guy. I would guess he would come to bat for you.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This could be part one of a two part scam.

"...Please be assured that you will receive a refund in the full amount of your registration fee on your next credit card statement..."

Could be followed by "We have lost your credit card information and need it for your refund..."

Be careful!

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that Vigo is a great guy and does everything in the athlete's best interest. This should fall into that category.
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [try2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it isn't a scam, because our names were on the website for the race list and now are gone. Second the name of the website development guy who signed our emails also appears on their website. I hope this just isn't his mistake and he is trying to cover up for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the phone number on their website?

I am hoping this works out for you and trust that it will. Vigo once gave me his personal phone number via email to discuss a refund issue, not often does a RD give you his home number to straighten things out personally. I doubt that same guy would be trying to cover something like this up.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I meant the website development guy might be trying to cover up his mistake. The email was from the website development guy, not Vigo. From everything I have heard about Vigo he is a stand up guy. I suspect Vigo doesn't even know about this yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [go-chu-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm back in!!!!! I just got a phone call from Jane at CTA she had received my e-mail and called to apologize for the mix up and informed that I was readded to the list. She said that she had a list of 7 people who she was calling, although my friend was not on that list. I advise anyone who received this e-mail to call 410-964-1246 (this is the number on their website) immediately!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After talking to Mike, I called Jan. She apologized for the problem. She took my name and said I was in. Thanks to Vigo and the CTA crew.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now go out and have a great race!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad to hear that things are working out.
now go kick some butt!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw this thread yesterday and knew things would workout. Vigo is a GREAT guy and if there's a problem with anything regarding his races you just have to talk to him and things will be worked out. See you in Kona Vigo! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Wierd ChesapeakeMan email... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have become friendly with Rob over the years and thought he would want to know about this, so I emailed him yesterday. I got an email from him last night and he asked that I make sure everyone here knew that he knew nothing about this and all was taken care of. He said it was a huge error by the web team.

You can't deal with a better race director or person than Rob, in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI and follow up. Mike and Tim BOTH competed and finished strong. Mike won his age group. THANKS VIGO for creating a great race and atmosphere!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone know who won?? thanks
Quote Reply