Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse?
Quote | Reply
It's unacceptable to me that respondents to a thread are allowed to be continuously and mercilessly abused by a member, regardless of their admittedly, purposely absurd "cause". I suppose I'm offering myself as bait but there is a line and I think it's been crossed. I myself can think of many causes worthy of my donation. This (and I think you can guess which one I'm referring to) is most definitely not one of them. Admitting to being an asshole doesn't make it ok to insult people (but at least it's recognition of the problem and an opportunity to improve). What exactly is magical about the cutoff place for paying finish position? There has to be a cutoff, unless of course you want to spread the money so thin that it wouldn't be meaningful for anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you whining about?
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The OP's replies on this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBiker wrote:

He won't last long. People like that always step over the line and get slapped down and/or banned. Just ignore it while it lasts, it will be a short tenure.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBiker wrote:

I don't think you understand the character he is playing. I figured you were a new member but you've been around for years. You may have missed the RealStarky twitter stuff.

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [CobraKai Triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
..You may have missed the RealStarky twitter stuff.

Guilty ..I don't follow twitter (I can't be the only one..?) but the insults sound real here and in my mind are unacceptable regardless of what the guy is trying to achieve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBiker wrote:
Quote:

Guilty ..I don't follow twitter (I can't be the only one..?) but the insults sound real here and in my mind are unacceptable regardless of what the guy is trying to achieve.

You don't have to follow twitter. There was a huge thread about him on here and they did an article on him on the front page...

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously,

stay away from internet discussion forums!

You may suffer permanent brain damage, turn into a mass murderer of triathletes or kill yourself!

You are welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think of him as Stephen Colbert's triathlete cousin
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [clairec2007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clairec2007 wrote:
Think of him as Stephen Colbert's triathlete cousin

Minus the charm and intellect.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [CobraKai Triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CobraKai Triguy wrote:
TriBiker wrote:
Quote:

You don't have to follow twitter. There was a huge thread about him on here and they did an article on him on the front page...

Even if you find him obnoxious, don't take him seriously.

http://www.therealstarky.com/about/

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...eal_Starky_4179.html

USAT Lvl1 Coach, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, BS Exercise Science
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [TriMyBest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>Even if you find him obnoxious, don't take him seriously.

The twitter stuff was funny and clever. But he's overplayed the act. Should have quit when he revealed his identity. Now it's like Brett Favre playing for Minnesota.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

>Even if you find him obnoxious, don't take him seriously.

The twitter stuff was funny and clever. But he's overplayed the act. Should have quit when he revealed his identity. Now it's like Brett Favre playing for Minnesota.

How did I manage to not find who it is?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the links in post 11.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed his actual identity too. I don't understand why everyone continues to get upset by him. You can clearly see he started the thread, you know you don't like him, yet you still read the thread. Then you're upset by what you read? OH NO!!! It wouldn't take long to search the internet and find much more offensive/insulting stuff TRS's shenanigans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>I don't understand why everyone continues to get upset by him.

I consider it a favor. It's like when you have a buddy who's had 4 too many at a party and is telling loud, obnoxious jokes and is oblivious to the fact they stopped being funny 20 minutes prior, and now it's just a lot of awkwardness that's starting to drag on the mood. So you pull him aside, and say, "Dude, you're striking out here. How about we go play some XBox?"
Quote Reply
Re: Why are respondents allowed to be insulted without recourse? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can't help but here your drunk buddy. You choose to read what TRS writes here. Not really the same in my eyes but I kinda see what you're going for
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get the whole thing. I understand it's a joke, or whatever......I still don't understand how he gets away with such blatant personal insults and attacks on other members.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team