Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why a disc will make you faster....
Quote | Reply
No one riding a disc want's to be passed by any other cyclist not riding a disc.... Therefore, you will bike your ass off, just not to be passed... by a spoked wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Why a disc will make you faster.... [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember At state TT in Texas in '96 or '97, the 2 guys that started in fornt of me were from the sam team and both had disc wheels. I had a lovely 32 spoke front and a cloth, that's right cloth, wheel cover on the back. I passed one of the " minute men" about halfway through the 40k and passed the other about 3 miles from the finish. The latter passed me back on a slight downhill shortly after and I immeadiately passed him again on the next uphill. Did not see these guys again until after the race. In my mind, I was having a good laugh at the outcome. When I saw them after the race, one of 'em was pointing me out to their teamates. I didn't bother to ask how they did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
true.also the reason why my p3 makes me faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Much more so with an aero-helmet. If you are going to wear that thing, you better be fast!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Why a disc will make others faster.... [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find its the other way around, I allways have fun digging that little bit deeper to pass those wirling around on those fancy disc wheels.

The best is when the disc sheel is attached to a bike 5 or 6 x the cost of mine :P

90% engine, 10% bike

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Why a disc will make you faster.... [arooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever since I started to get into cycling - (first mountain bikes and then mulitsport) the magazines and forums are always full of letters and posts about riders on lower costing equipment beating those on higher end equipment.

Never really sure what the point is they are trying to prove? If you have more natural ability or better training then you will probably beat a rider on better equipment than you. Or maybe you were at your peak for the season and they were coming back from injury/rest, hard training block etc, etc. who knows. One of the local cycist last year who has been national 24hr time trial champion showed up at our club TT and beat us all on his road bike...so he a far better cyclist the us.

I brought a disk this year as I want to improve my PB's and I propised my self one if I reach last seasons goals, but just because I have one isn't going to make me the next Lance - though my 1st 10m tt outing shedded 40 secs of my course PB - so who know ;-). I am gradually increasing my training (around 12-16hr a week) so cannot see how I could train harder or more without risking overreach until my body gets stronger.

Buying/riding with nice equipment will only make you faster than yourself. Ivan Basso could TT faster than most cyclist on his road bike, but he can go even faster on his P3 and zipps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a new Kalibur and I am getting Zipp race wheels. Due to a back injury my training is going slowwww. I'm sure I will get passed by people riding Mtn. bikes. I sure they will feel good and I will feel like s^^t. As my back gets better I will work on the engine.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Apr 21, 06 8:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"No one riding a disc want's to be passed by any other cyclist not riding a disc.... "

Hey, nobody who has invested a small fortune into a tri bike wants to be passed in a race by some guy on an old clunker, but it happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Why a disc will make you faster.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been passed by people riding 404's. Of course they are $500 more than my Renn CX combo

jaretj
Quote Reply