Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why Westchester and SA should not be Regional Championships
Quote | Reply
These are sold out already. Westchester is not until September 23. How can someone legitimately be crowned a regional champ when the top AGers cannot even toe the line? At the very least these events should have entry reserved or qualification structure for some of each regions top athletes.
Last edited by: Tri_yoda: Mar 13, 07 20:04
Quote Reply
Re: Why Westchester and SA should not be Regional Championships [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I don't understand your point.

As for the Westchester OD race - there's just too many people on a the tight course...auto traffic, poor road surfaces and some angry locals that are not happy about their Sunday routine being inconvenienced.

In other words, I think the safety of the racers is compromised .....kudos to the RD for holding a race in a large metropolitan area (and a real triathlon hotbed btw) - but the logistics of Rye, Greenwich, etc. appear too difficult to overcome.

So, you're not missing anything - even if it is a regional champ race.

But hey - the race is sold out....maybe I'm wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Why Westchester and SA should not be Regional Championships [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How can someone legitimately be crowned a regional champ when the top AGers cannot even toe the line? At the very least these events should have entry reserved or qualification structure for some of each regions top athletes.
good point
Quote Reply