Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why PowerTaps are worth the purchase price, and props for Palo Alto Bicycles
Quote | Reply
I'm sure many will testify to the awesome transformations of their cycling achieved through the use of a PowerTap, but I wanted to share a quick story about the customer service I experienced this week.

On Friday morning I hopped onto my bike, headed out and turned on the PowerTap, only to discover it was only displaying "Host" (which is what it displays when connected to a computer for those of you who don't know). I returned from the bike and called CycleOps, figuring they'd tell me it was a battery problem. Instead, it turns out the computer receiver on the bike had shorted. One day before my half ironman up in Sonoma (Barb's Race).

Without making me jump through any hoopage whatsoever, Cycle Ops volunteered to work out an instant warranty replacement with a local bike shop. I contacted Palo Alto Bicycles, a local dealer, who have not even previously had me as a customer. They agreed after calling Cycle Ops themselves to verify the warranty, and I picked up my replacement receiver an hour later!

Experiences like this do give a diehard cynic some occasional hope.

I hope it was okay to mention the name of the LBS, please someone let me know if not and I'll remove it.
Quote Reply