Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who's use TrainerRoad's IM plan?Feedback?
Quote | Reply
I'm a 53 yr old 14 time IM Finisher:
PB IM bike 5:24
Typically average about 10hr/wk of cycling in prep for IMs
I was considering alittle less volume this year (have IM Boulder and/or IMLT or IMCabo)
I was looking at Trainer Road's Plans IM High Volume plan it never goes over 10 hrs/week (ave 7.4hr/wk) (with alot less long rides)
I was wondering if anyone has completed this TR plan and how they feel it prepared them for IM's they completed?

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: Who's use TrainerRoad's IM plan?Feedback? [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that plan is new - I'm not sure its been out long enough for people to have used it - though I may be wrong.

I am using TR, I don't have 10 hours to spend on the bike / week, I barely have 10 hours in total, so I've limited myself to using specific workouts three times a week and am attempting to ensure that they are quality sessions as they all need to be done on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's use TrainerRoad's IM plan?Feedback? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IM plan is new. I barely even looked at it but did notice the bike time is a bit much for me. Like Andrewmc, I barely have 10 hours to fit in bike, swim and run training. But, IMO, 10-12 is all you need for an IM if you're training is on spot.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's use TrainerRoad's IM plan?Feedback? [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, these plans were just released a few weeks ago. Check out this blog post for a little more background on them from Coach Chad: http://blog.trainerroad.com/...ty-blocks-triathlon/

Also, feel free to shoot me an email at Trevor@TrainerRoad.com for a little smoother dialogue and hopefully I can clear up any concerns or questions you have regarding them.

Professional Mountain Biker and Community Manager at TrainerRoad - Cycling's Most Effective Training Tool
Quote Reply